Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for Early Years Settings
The Continuous Professional Development programme offers a range of professional development opportunities, mentoring, and practical support to Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) providers in the Dublin Docklands. A core group of ECCE settings based in the Docklands work together as part of a Learning Network, building capacity through sharing experience and expertise.
The primary focus of the professional development programme is developing quality practice in ECCE settings. The ECCE settings are committed to engaging in on-going, intensive, reflective practice. The quality development work is structured through a cycle of continuous review, action planning and implementation. Programme delivery is based on a community development approach and is learner focused.
All of the training offered by the Early Learning Initiative is underpinned by the principles and standards of Síolta, the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Aistear, the Early Childhood Curriculum Framework.
ELI runs the following CPD Programmes for ECCE Professionals:
Síolta and Aistear Learning Network
Síolta is the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education. Since January 2010, the Early Learning Initiative has been providing mentoring and training for nine Early Years Education Services in the Docklands area to support them in implementing Síolta Standards in their practice. ELI integrates all work on these standards with Aistear- The Early Childhood Curriculum Framework. A key goal of the CPD programmes is to support full implementation of Aistear in these settings, as a fundamental tool in the planning of learning experiences and assessment for learning.
NEYAI Intensive Early Numeracy Programme
This intensive programme of workshops, together with onsite supporting and mentoring will support a small group of ECCE educators to focus exclusively on the fundamentals of Early Numeracy. Parents and educators will work in partnership, supporting the children’s competence and confidence in Early Numeracy.
The aims of the Intensive Early Numeracy Programme are as follows:
· To provide a sustained, substantial and intensive programme which will ensure that practitioners will reflect on, review and develop the teaching and learning of Early Numeracy. The programme will be underpinned by Síolta- The National Quality Framework and Aistear- The Early Childhood Curriculum Framework.
· To support and facilitate ECCE practitioner’s systematic collaborative assessment and evaluation of children’s Early Numeracy.
· To build ECCE practitioner’s capacity to engage confidently and effectively with the NEYAI national evaluation process.
· To facilitate ECCE practitioners and parents to work together to support the children’s competence and confidence in Early Numeracy. This will demonstrate a continuum of services for the ‘whole child’ linking and integrating the child, family, local services and the community.
Early Years Settings Involved in the CPD Programme:
· Little Treasures Community Crèche, North Wall CDP
· Ringsend Community Crèche, Ringsend
· Smallies Preschool, Seville Place (ASESP)
· St. Andrew’s Resource Centre Crèche, Pearse Street
· St. Mary's Crèche and Pre-school, City Quay
· Daisy Days Childcare, East Wall
· Tiny Tots Community Crèche, Seville Place
· Community After School Project (CASPr) Crèche, Sean Mc Dermott Street
· Holy Child Preschool, Sean McDermott Street
For further information about CPD for ECCE Settings, please contact Aoife on 01-4498 635 or email email@example.com