MSc in Cloud Computing
This programme will provide you with the latest knowledge and competencies required by the fastest growing global industry; the Cloud, which has become a multi-billion euro industry. Practical in nature, this programme offers specialisations in arguably the most important areas of cloud computing: SaaS (Software as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) by teaching the structured management of cloud architectural components. Learners engaging with the programme will gain experience with the latest design principles, models, and technologies in cloud computing delivered by faculty and industry experts with proven experience in cloud computing.
Who is the Programme for?
This programme will appeal to different categories of learners: computer science or engineering graduates, ICT industry experts, system administrators and those with an interest in gaining practical experience in cloud computing. This programme is therefore for experienced ICT professionals in the workplace and college graduates from cognate disciplines at level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
As a graduate of this course, as per your
chosen specialisation you will be able to:
- Investigate the potential of cloud computing and the impact that the cloud could have on developing web applications across all major cloud offerings
- Create and deploy a commercial web application onto multiple cloud platforms
- Get experience with the latest web application frameworks
- Create rich client side interactivity using the latest client side frameworks
- Design application code that will run efficiently on a cloud platform
- Evaluate security strategies associated with cloud computing and apply these protocols to ensure the technical sustainability of an organisation
- Perform a migration from a traditional IT environment to a cloud based platform
- Manage the process of running an IT department from a cloud environment
1 year. 2 semesters. and a final dissertation.
Students need to be available 09.00-17.00 Mon - Fri (Class days and times vary)
An honours (level 8) primary degree in a cognate area with a 2.1 award or higher. The college operates a Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL) scheme meaning applicants who do not meet the normal academic requirements may be considered based on relevant work and other experience. This may be assessed using a portfolio of learning, demonstration of work produced and an interview.
The Masters of Science in Cloud Computing is awarded by QQI at level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications. Students who successfully complete this programme may progress to a major award at level 10 on the NFQ.
Course Fee Listing. Fees include tuition, registration assessment and capitation fees (Fees revised annually).
You can spread the cost of fees with our direct debit plan.
For more information on the subjects taught on this course view our module descriptor.
Tuesday 10th September 2013