Purpose of Position:
To support the Finance department in the routine processing of transactions, with particular reference to management of cash flow, preparation and submission of grant claims to relevant bodies and ad hoc financial reporting.
- Financial Accountant
- Finance Department
- External parties
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register & depreciation postings
- Cash flow management, preparation, analysis and projections
- Weekly posting and reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Liaise with Fees Office regarding student fee payments and refunds
- Detailed reconciliations of student fee income
- Managing all aspects of daily banking
- Ad hoc invoicing as required
- Preparation of information and submission of Government grant claims.
- Monitor and maintain schedule of donations received for ELI
- Prepare and submit returns to HEA detailing expenditure on Student Assistance Fund & Fund for Students with Disabilities
- Preparation of financial information, analysis of variances and other adhoc duties as required from time to time by the Financial Accountant
- Recently qualified or part qualified accountant/accounting technician, (IATI, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Experience of accounting within an educational institute an advantage.
- At least 3 years experience within a finance department.
- Proficient in the use of Excel.
- Flexible in their approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience of producing accurate work and pays attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the use of SUN Systems a distinct advantage.
Salary: €30,000 - €42,000 (Administrator Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum pro rata
Contract: Specific Purpose Contract to cover Maternity Leave (minimum duration of six months)
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0667 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday 16th February 2016.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Accounts Assistant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.