Position: Accounts Assistant
Job Code: NCI0733
Reporting to: Management Accountant
(and to other financial managers when required)
Purpose of Position:
NCI’s Finance Department provides financial administration support for all departments in National College of Ireland, and is responsible for the overall financial management of the College. Due to the continued success and growth of the College, an additional Accounts Assistant is required to strengthen the existing team. The successful applicant will assist in the day-to-day processing of a variety of financial transactions, and in the production of the College’s regular financial reports (both internal and external). In addition to being assigned their own specific areas of responsibility, they will be expected to be flexible and to provide cover for colleagues when required (e.g at times of annual leave).
- Finance Department (including Financial Reporting Manager and Director of Finance)
- College staff in other departments
- Liaise with Fees Office, (and other relevant departments) regarding invoicing, student fee payments, refunds, and reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assist in year-end audit preparation
- Assist in the preparation of applications, and subsequent financial reporting & returns, for various grant authorities
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial information and analysis as required from time to time to support the management of the College
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and flexible with a strong can-do attitude
- Good team player, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accounting technician (e.g IATI), or part/qualified accountant (e.g. ACCA, CIMA)
- 2 - 3 years’ varied experience within a finance department
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- Experience with financial systems
- Excellent attention to detail, with experience of producing accurate work
- Disciplined in his/her approach to the job, with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of accounting within an educational institute an advantage.
Salary: Administrator Salary Band (€30,150 to €42,210)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0733 and title of position to: email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday, 8th August 2017.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Accounts Assistant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.