Acting Admissions Officer (Maternity Leave Cover)
Director of Student Services
Purpose of Position:
The Acting Admissions Officer will lead and manage the admissions function of the College.
- Director of Student Services
- Head of Schools
- Student Services team
- Marketing team
- Responsible for the admissions function, including international admissions as per the College’s Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance, integrity of the application process for domestic and international students.
- Preparation of management reports, documents and statistical analysis on admission trends, CAO, retention rates, Department of Education and student profiles.
- Monitor the quality of interaction between the admissions office and third parties i.e. international applicants, Agents, NCI staff.
- Responsible for admissions requirements in accordance with QQI and College regulations for all programmes and distribution of them to the schools and the marketing department.
- Provide an annual statistical review of admissions for the College.
- Maintain relationships with key members of staff such as course directors, vice deans etc. to ensure the delivery of a high quality robust application process for applicants.
- Ensure that the marketing material reflects the admissions requirements for the college.
- Attend meetings, school visits and any other events in relation to Student Services/ Admissions as required.
- Ensure walk-in queries are dealt with efficiently
- Maintain the integrity of the student record database.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient systems for student enquiries, admissions, student cards, tracking and documenting student attendance and registration.
- Manage online admissions and assess problems.
- Assist in CAO processes (attending conferences, comparison of statistics).
- Monthly (during peak periods weekly) analysis of applications and comparison of courses
- Manage third party vendor in relation to all aspects of application processing by monitoring their workloads, ensuring KPIs are being met, provide training annually.
- Daily supervision of full time member of staff and any other temporary admissions staff throughout the year.
- Excellent organisation skills and time management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good administration and Microsoft Office experience.
- Good analytical ability – understand, analyse and relate complex information.
- Numeracy and IT/ computer literacy – understanding and using facts or ideas expressed in numbers or graphs.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Experience in the Third level sector would be desirable.
- A third level qualification is necessary.
Salary: €43,932 - €53,196 per annum, pro rata for the duration of the contract
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum, pro rata for the duration of the contract
Contract: Specific Purpose Contract to cover Maternity Leave
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
Applications for this vacancy need to be submitted before Monday the 23rd February 2015. Applicants are requested to email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Acting Admissions Officer, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.