Position: Admissions Assistant
Job Code: NCI0718
Reporting to: Director of Student Services
Supervised by: Admissions Officer
Purpose of Position:
Specific support to the admissions process to ensure the planning and implementation of key college projects.
- Admissions Officer
- Director of Student Services
- Director of Marketing
- Professional Education & Training
- Prospective Students
- Deans of Schools
- Programme Directors
- Support the Admissions Officer and engage with all relevant departments in relation to continuous process improvement for the Admissions Office via Projects.
- Specific responsibility in relation to domestic application processing within admissions.
- Provide an annual review in relation to domestic application processing to management.
- Organise the registration of domestic students on site and liaising with student support with regards to orientation.
- Oversee the administration of all domestic College applications i.e. co-ordination of documentation to third party vendor (FEI).
- Preparation of management reports, documents and statistical analysis on admission trends,
- Monitor the quality of interaction between the admissions office and third parties i.e. applicants, NCI staff, FEI admissions.
- Support educational links with feeder institutions.
- Supervise admissions requirements in accordance with QQI and College regulations for all programmes and distribution of them to the schools and the marketing department.
- Responsible for the continuous development of relationships with key members of staff such as course directors, vice deans etc. to ensure the delivery of a high quality robust application process for applicants.
- Ensure that the marketing material reflects the admissions requirements for the college.
- Attend meetings and any other events in relation to Student Services/ Admissions as required.
- Ensure walk-in queries are dealt with efficiently
- Maintain the integrity of the student record database.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient systems for student enquiries, admissions, student cards, tracking and documenting student attendance and registration.
- Manage the usage of online services (online application, registration, build and plan curriculum), identify any issues and escalate as required
- Assist in CAO processes (attending conferences, comparison of statistics, area based partnerships)
- Monthly analysis of applications and comparison of courses.
- Monitor third party vendor in relation to all aspects of application processing by monitoring their workloads, ensuring KPIs are being met, provide training annually.
Additional responsibilities as part of the Student Services team under the direction of the Director of Student Services:
- Assist in the co-ordination of all College Graduations and events where appropriate.
- To provide support in the Examination process as required.
- Such other activities as may be required to support the Student Services Department.
- A third level qualification would be preferable
- Previous experience in a similar role
- At least two years’ experience within an administrative role.
- Experience within an Irish third level education environment.
- Good analytical ability – understand, analyse and relate complex information.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Pro-active time management.
- Proficient in MS office, Quercus and other academic systems.
- Flexible approach to work and a “can-do” attitude.
Salary: 36,180 – 52,250
Annual Leave: 24 days
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0718 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 28th April 2017.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Admissions Assistant, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of the travelling community.