Position: Admissions International Receipts Co-Ordinator
Job Code: NCI0714
Reporting to: Director of Student Services
Supervised by: Admissions Officer
Purpose of Position:
To ensure the effective and efficient daily operation of the College’s admissions processes. To ensure the highest standard of service is provided to students, staff and the general public and that the College’s Record and Reporting System is properly maintained throughout the recruitment period with particular responsibility for the generation and issuing of International Fees Receipts.
- Admissions Officer
- Director of Student Services
- Marketing team
- Professional Education & Training
- Prospective Students
- Deans of Schools
- Programme Directors
- Assist in the administration of domestic and international college applications
- Assist in the maintenance and integrity of the application process for domestic and international students.
- Assist in the preparation of management reports, documents and statistical analysis on admission trends, CAO, Department of Education and student profiles.
- Apply the admissions requirements in accordance with QQI and College regulations for all programmes and distribution of them to the schools and the marketing department.
- Ensure the delivery of a high quality robust application process for applicants.
- Attend meetings and any other events in relation to Student Services/ Admissions as required.
- Ensure walk-in queries are dealt with efficiently
- Maintain the integrity of the student record database.
- Maintain efficient systems for student enquiries, admissions, student cards, tracking and documenting student attendance and registration.
- Usage of online services (online application, registration, build and plan curriculum), identify any issues and escalate as required
- Assist in CAO processes (attending conferences, comparison of statistics, area based partnerships)
- Assist in the monthly analysis of applications and comparison of courses
Additional responsibilities as part of the Student Services team under the direction of the Director of Student Services:
- Assist in the co-ordination of all College Graduations and events where appropriate
- To provide support in the Examination process as required
- Such other activities as may be required to support the Student Services Department.
- A third level qualification would be preferable.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- At least two years’ experience within an administrative role.
- Experience within an Irish third level education environment.
- Good analytical ability – understand, analyse and relate complex information.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Pro-active time management.
- Proficient in MS office, Quercus and other academic systems.
- Flexible approach to work and a “can-do” attitude.
Contract: Fixed Term to 28th February 2018
Salary: Administrator Salary Band €30,150- €42,210 per annum, pro-rata.
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum, pro-rata.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0714 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 21st April 2017.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Admissions Co-Ordinator, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.