Application Support Analyst
Purpose of Position:
National College of Ireland (NCI) are currently recruiting for an experienced Application Support Analyst to join their IT Team.
NCI use a variety of systems and business applications to deliver services to its user base. The systems and applications in use are a combination of bespoke, industry specific and industry leading applications.
Platforms such as Moodle, Office 365 and Dynamics CRM are leveraged heavily in NCI. Key to the successful use of all these systems is data exchange and integration, primarily with the main Student Record System.
In order to support the wide array of applications and systems in use, NCI are now looking to recruit an ambitious, dynamic and driven Application Support Analyst. As well as day to day support on these systems and applications, the successful candidate must keep abreast of the latest developments in areas such as Office 365 and Moodle platforms.
The role is wide ranging, challenging and will involve engaging with numerous NCI stakeholders and external vendors to identify issues, develop fixes, test and rollout fixes and apply upgrades.
- Support, maintain and develop NCI’s Moodle Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Develop and plan NCI’s collaboration platforms utilising Office 365 applications such as SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Office Web Apps etc.
- Work closely with application users, NCI Development Team and 3rd party vendors to identify and fix application issues
- Work closely with users to plan, test and rollout fixes to systems and applications
- Work closely with the NCI development team on application integration.
- Work closely with NCI departments to identify business needs.
- Develop and rollout real world solutions to meet business needs
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have 3 + years working in an Application Support Role
- Must be comfortable running scripts and vendor fixes in both Windows and Linux environments
- Must be extremely technically minded and have the ability to identify a technical solution to a business requirement.
- Experience working with Moodle and SharePoint desirable but not essential
- Experience working with Dynamics CRM desirable but not essential
- Must have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Must be highly motivated to initiate new ideas as well as to own and drive projects to completion
- A third level computing qualification is essential
- IT Helpdesk
- IT Development Team
- IT Infrastructure Team
- Business Owners
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Annual Leave: 24 Days
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0696 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday 22nd November 2016.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Application Support Analyst are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.