Position: Apprenticeship Manager
Reporting to: Vice President
Job Code: NCI 0736
Purpose of Position:
The Apprenticeship Manager is responsible for the operational management of apprenticeship provision at NCI. The purpose of this role is to take a high-level view of the totality of apprenticeship provision at NCI and to ensure that the lines of communication remain clear between all parties.
The apprenticeship manager has day- to-day responsibility for discharging NCI’s role as co-ordinating provider of statutory apprenticeship programmes.
- National Programme Directors of Statutory Apprenticeship programmes
- Local Programme Directors
- Apprentice Advocates at employer organisations
- Chair Consortium Steering Group(s)
- Authorised Officers of SOLAS
- Deans of School
- Vice Deans of School
- Director Quality Assurance & Statistical Services
- Programme Co-Ordinator(s)
- Careers Office
- Fulfil the relationship management role between NCI, the National Programme Director, Consortium Steering Group(CSG) and individual employers.
- Act as the main point of contact for the Higher Education Authority (HEA) and Statutory Agency (SOLAS) in relation to statutory apprenticeship programmes.
- Convene and chair the Apprenticeship Implementation Group (AIG).
- In association with service and support functions, ensure that the administrative and student experience systems supporting apprentices are effective.
- Be a member of the National Programme Committee for each statutory apprenticeship delivered by NCI.
- Ensure that any items raised by the CSG either in relation to NCI as co-ordinating provider, or to the delivery and management of the specific apprenticeship programme, should be brought to the attention of the appropriate office or committee.
- Advise and report to the CSG on issues arising from the national programme committee.
- As and when they arise, bring proposals for new statutory apprenticeship programmes to the relevant Dean for review and initial approval in association with the Quality Assurance & Statistical Services office.
- Ensure that annual reports for each programme, consortium and apprenticeship provision as a whole are undertaken and recommendations acted on.
- Liaise with and manage relationships with other education providers delivering statutory apprenticeship programmes that are co-ordinated by NCI.
- Co-ordinate external stakeholder feedback for evaluation of Government labour-market initiatives and programme development.
- Represent NCI at national and sectoral fora relating to statutory apprenticeships.
Qualifications & Attributes
- An honours degree or highe
- Proven project management skills
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in financial services
- Presentation skills
- Report writing skills
- Networking skills
- Team player able to lead and inspire others
- Planning and programme management experience
- Experience in a learning & development role
- Experience of working with apprenticeships or other work-based learning
Contract: Fixed Term – 1 year
Salary Band: Senior Specialist/Supervisor €40,200 - €60,300
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0736 and title of Position to: email@example.com by Thursday 24th August 2017.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Apprenticeship Manager are based on the current stated position and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI to be agreed by way of amendment to the Job Description.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
NCI is an equal opportunities employer