Area Based Childhood (ABC) Programme - Research Assistant
Director of Area Based Childhood (ABC) Programme / Early Learning Initiative (ELI)
Purpose of Position:
To assist in the internal research and evaluation activities of the ABC Programme
- Director of the ABC Programme and Early Learning Initiative
- ABC Programme Staff
- Early Learning Initiative team
- National College of Ireland
- Members of ABC consortium
- Stakeholders in the local community, including parents, children and practitioners
- Centre of Effective Services (CES) and Pobal
- Assist in the coordination of the internal research and evaluation activities of the ABC programme
- Assist in the collection, collation and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
- Assist in preparing and maintaining records, reports and/or test data
- Assist in developing and maintaining a database of participants, children, parents and families, in the ABC programmes
- Work closely with the ABC team to coordinate the implementation of all research and evaluation processes/systems
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including ABC Consortium, Pobal, CES, other Departments within NCI and other statutory, community and voluntary bodies in relation to the ABC research activities
- Provide information as required to the ABC Director and NCI’s Finance Department for ABC returns and budgets to Pobal and CES
- Other appropriate research activities as needed
- Any other duties as assigned by the ABC Director
- A relevant 3rd level qualification
- Professional interest in early years education and family based learning
- Skills and experience in conducting research and evaluation studies
- Ability to work closely with marginalised families and have an understanding of the issues of marginalisation
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, community stakeholders and other outside individuals/organizations
- Good time management skills with the ability to produce results to deadlines
- Ability to operate as a team player in a cross disciplinary, integrated team, sharing roles and responsibilities
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- An energetic, confident and pro-active individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills in Ms Excel, Ms Word, SPSS and other relevant research packages etc.
Salary: EUR 23,015 - 37,257 per annum
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum
Contract Type: This is a one-year fixed term, full time position subject to ongoing funding
The successful candidate will be subject to Garda vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the ABC Research Assistant – Early Learning Initiative, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the ABC Programme and the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the ABC Programme and NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
If you wish to apply for the vacancy, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 19th December 2014.