Position: Associate Faculty (Early Childhood Expert)
Reporting to: Director of Learning & Teaching
Purpose of Position
NCI intends to launch two BA in Learning and Development programmes in Early Childhood Education (ECE) and in Adult Workplace Education (AWE) in September 2015. To support this initiative the College is recruiting an Associate Faculty with experience and expertise including teaching experience in Higher Education setting in the following subject areas:
• Early Childhood Education,
• Workforce Learning and Development,
• Methods of Teaching and Learning,
• Personal and Professional Development (in Early Childhood Education sector).
• Level 9 qualification in Early Childhood Education
• Experience of teaching in further education is a strong advantage
• Knowledge of the sector (policies and practices) is a must
• Ability to prepare course material and programme documentation
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Adherence to professional standards of teaching
Position: Fixed term contract (duration: 1 year and 6 months)
Hours: Part time: lecturing approximately 4-6 hours per week and completing other associated tasks
Applications for this vacancy need to be submitted before Thursday the 5th February 2015.
Applicants are requested to email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Associate Faculty (Early Childhood Expert) are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of NCI
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.