Yunnan Normal University in China
Financial Accounting 2 and Management Accounting 1
Purpose of Position:
The School of Business in the National College of Ireland has links with Yunnan Normal University in China. Associate Faculty are needed to deliver lectures to students in Yunnan during May/June 2016, in the subjects of Financial Accounting & Management Accounting.
The Associate Faculty member is primarily responsible for delivering lectures to a high standard, on a part-time basis to the College’s students.
- Programme Directors
- Dean of the School
- Programme Coordinators
- Lecture to students on assigned modules within the School and other assigned areas if required.
- If requested, assist in the design and delivery of executive education programmes both ‘in company’ and for ‘public’ programmes.
- Provide a professional support to students in their learning activities.
- Facilitate tutorials associated with lecturers.
- Attend meetings and participate in committees appropriate to assigned programmes.
- Prepare reading lists and handout materials for students.
- Set, correct, give written feedback and engage in second marking for examinations and projects on programmes taught.
- Attend Exam Boards
- Facilitate skills development workshops.
- Liaise with library re: reading materials, booklists, etc.
- Make available information as required by the NCI's management in a professional context.
- Participate in appropriate activities necessary to the furtherance of the NCI.
Programme Development & Review
- Assist in the development and review of existing programmes. This may involve drafting submission documents, attending meetings, liaison with the validating bodies, promoting, implementing and reviewing programmes.
- Assist in the development of the School.
- Participate in relevant professional development activities.
- Participate in Academic Council meetings and staff meetings.
- Meet assigned deadlines.
- Contribute to academic and disciplinary committees as requested.
- Be available to students at notified times outside of class contact hours for guidance and support.
- As requested, attend College functions such as various exhibitions, open days and evenings, school visits and other external events.
- Work on short programmes, training and consultations which may arise.
- Submit timesheets on a monthly basis for work undertaken in that month.
- Relevant qualification, i.e. if teaching at degree level, must hold a higher qualification, e.g. MA.
- PhD is desirable.
- Knowledge and practical experience of subject area.
- Lecturing experience an advantage.
- Industry experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to their subject area.
Rate of Pay: Associate Faculty rates. In addition there are payment arrangements in place for Associate Faculty lecturing overseas.
Contract: Fixed-term and part-time.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0668 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 11th March 2016.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to an Associate Faculty member are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the College.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer