Business Development Manager
Director of Marketing.
Purpose of Position:
The sales of college programmes, throughout Ireland. The role has specific responsibility for sales of places on public accredited programmes to corporate clients.
- Director of Marketing.
- Deans of Schools.
- Marketing Team.
- Sales personnel.
- Professional Education and Training Department.
- Responsibility to develop new business relationships in order to sell additional places on public accredited programmes through corporate sales.
- Primary objectives will be to sell places on public part-time programmes such as MBA, MSc’s in Marketing, Management and Computing through targeting decision makers such as HR/training managers in addition to potential students in corporate settings.
- Whist some leads will be generated from existing marketing the role will involve a significant amount of lead generation through the use of the role holder’s individual network, social media activity and other activities. The role holder will be expected to generate a high level of new prospects and follow through with these.
- Maintain a targeted and scalable database of contacts for all college target markets.
- Report on developments in the market place and competitor activities.
- Represent the college in a professional manner at all times.
- Development of business by:
o Close Liaison with other sales colleagues.
o Follow-up of proposals to a conclusion.
o Providing customer support.
o Making sales calls and presentations to customers.
- Weekly forecasting and reporting as required.
- The role may also involve work on recruitment for Government funded Labour Market Activation programmes such as Springboard/HEA ICT Skills as required.
- Represent the College at educational fairs and other events. This may include some evenings and weekend events.
- Work as part of the marketing team on events and initiatives as required.
- At least 5 years of sales experience with a proven track record of successful business development, client relationship management and meeting or exceeding targets.
- Experience of successfully selling education, training or professional services to corporate clients a particular advantage.
- Experience of business development to include cold calling, presenting to potential clients, securing key client accounts, maintaining client relationships, planning and managing workload to ensure targets are met.
- Self-motivated and target driven.
- The ability to be a self-starter who generates leads and opportunities in particular market segments and follows these to conclusion.
- Confident, conscientious, dynamic, personable, organised, ambitious, proactive, creative, ability to work on own initiative and a good team player.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- High level of computer skills, numerical and analytical skills. The role holder will need to be very familiar with online and social media marketing and the use of social media for selling and business development.
- Excellent literacy, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
A degree is essential and a postgraduate qualification would be an advantage.
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum pro rata
Contract: Specific Purpose Contract to cover Maternity Leave (minimum duration of six months)
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0646 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 26th June 2015.
This position will require flexibility to attend evening and weekend events and client meetings.
The ideal candidate will have a full clean license, preferably with their own transport.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to this role are based on the current stated role and objectives of the college. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer