Central Timetabling Assistant
Planning and Central Timetabling Specialist
Purpose of Position:
To assist the Planning and Central Timetabling Specialist in managing the Semester One 2016/2017 timetable, processing change requests and collecting data for the Semester Two timetable.
- Vice President Academic Affairs and Research
- Commercial Director
- School Co-ordinators and administrators
- Deans and Vice Deans of Schools
- Director of Learning and teaching
- Commercial Office/facilities
- Attendance Monitoring Project Officer
- Exams Co-ordinators and administration
- IT Manager
- Scientia (software providers)
- Assist in the collection of delivery information for the creation of the timetable, liaising closely with the relevant School administration staff.
- Assist in scheduling teaching activities and allocating teaching space for the college in line with the objectives of the Central Timetable Policy.
- Assist in the publication of timetables and approved changes to relevant teaching staff and students.
- Receive and review timetable change requests from academic staff and school administration staff. Review requests to measure impact that change will have on already existing timetable.
- Assist in creatively resolving any clashes or change requests and producing a recommended timetable change and submitting that recommendation to the appropriate School staff and Registrar for final sign off.
- Consult frequently and work in partnership with the staff currently responsible for timetabling in the Schools and staff responsible for planning, to ensure a complete understanding of their timetabling needs.
- Help with resolving teaching space allocation issues associated with space being unavailable due to maintenance, capital development and refurbishment projects.
- Ensure the data in the timetabling system, Syllabus+ accurate, is consistent and up to date.
- Any other ad hoc duties required to assist the Planning and Central Timetabling Specialist in creating and managing the timetables for the college.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets working successfully in a task driven and results focused environment.
- Project experience in timetabling or room management system.
- Ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders about their timetabling needs.
- Excellent IT skills and a strong understanding of the IT/Business systems would be an advantage.
- Strong writing skills and communication skills.
- Experience in using databases and managing data.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and a systematic approach to problem solving.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Salary: €30,000 - €42,000 (Administrator Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum pro rata
Contract: Fixed Term Contract for 4 months, Full Time
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0679 to: email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 27th July 2016.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Central Timetabling Assistant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer