Central Timetabling Assistant
Central Timetabling Project Coordinator
Purpose of Position:
To assist the Central Timetabling Project Coordinator in managing the Semester One 2016/2017 timetable and processing change requests throughout the Summer months.
- Vice President Academic Affairs and Research
- Commercial Director
- School Co-ordinators and administrators
- Deans and Vice Deans of Schools
- Director of Learning and teaching
- Commercial Office/facilities
- Attendance Monitoring Project Officer
- Exams Co-ordinators and administration
- IT Manager
- Scientia (software providers)
- Receive and review requests to change the timetable based on any planned number or staffing changes, checking to see if teaching activities can be changed without impacting on severely on already existing timetables.
- Assist the Central Timetabling Project Coordinator in creatively resolving any clashes or change requests and producing a recommended timetable change.
- Submit recommended changes to the appropriate School and Registrar staff for final sign off.
- Assist in the publication of changes to relevant teaching staff and student sets.
- Ensure that all changes adhere to the objectives of the Central Timetable Policy.
- Consult frequently and work in partnership with the staff currently responsible for timetabling in the Schools and staff responsible for planning, to ensure a complete understanding of their timetabling needs.
- Help with resolving teaching space allocation issues associated with space being unavailable due to maintenance, capital development and refurbishment projects.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets working successfully in a task driven and results focused environment.
- Project experience in timetabling or room management systems.
- Ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders about their timetabling needs.
- Excellent IT skills and a strong understanding of the IT/Business systems would be an advantage.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and a systematic approach to problem solving.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Salary: €30,000 - €42,000 (Administrator Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum pro rata
Contract: Fixed Term Contract for 4 months July 2016 – October 2016
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0679 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Thursday 30th June 2016. Applications are being confined to internal candidates
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Timetabling Project Co-Ordinator are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer