Conference & Accommodation Administrator
Purpose of Position:
The key functions of this position are to effectively assist in managing the operations of events in National College of Ireland, to co-ordinate all activities within the Student Residences and to provide full administrative back up to the Commercial Manager.
- Commercial Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Finance department
- IT department
Key Skills Required:
- Establish contact with parties interested in hiring facilities, attend client meetings to ascertain client’s exact requirements, show the facilities to clients, agree terms and secure contracts.
- Maintain client relationships.
- Contact conference bodies – proactive in generating leads for future events in NCI - Organisation of direct mail campaigns targeting specific industry sectors (approximately 100 a month) and tracking results.
- Liaise with IT, Premises, Facilities and Catering to ensure they are fully aware of the requirements bookings.
- Working with the Student Recruitment & Publications department on internal and external communications relating to launches.
- Maintain involvement in Open Days.
- Managing conference programme to include evaluation of conferences.
- Ensuring the room booking system is kept up to date and that all the information is accurate.
- Provide office administrative duties, including the day-to-day issues that arise within the Student Residences – i.e. selling of ESB charge cards; logging problems and ensuring they are followed up.
- Drafting and distributing of contracts for residences seminars.
- Provide efficient check-in and check-out to accommodation and track all deposits, refunds and payments.
- Work to ensure 100% occupancy in residents
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by the Commercial Manager.