Position: IT Help Desk Coordinator
Job Code: NCI0754
Reporting to: IT Manager
Purpose of Position:
IT Help Desk Co-Ordinator will provide immediate assistance (in-person, by phone or e-mail) to all users, and IT staff to achieve the highest customer satisfaction and minimize the impact of any IT related problems. The ideal candidate must be a motivated team player that can see task to completion, work independently and be willing to assist other staff in the College.
The IT Help Desk Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operation of the Help Desk team, ensuring that the shift rota of the team provides the resources to maintain an efficient and effective 1st Line IT support service which includes the supervising of Lab Assistants, and the provision of ICT Facilities in support of College events.
• Responsible for the efficient operation of the helpdesk ensuring the delivery of a comprehensive, efficient and quality service to all end-users who interact with the service.
• Responsible for coordination of help desk team members shift rotas to ensure sufficient level of cover to deliver an efficient and effective service.
• Manages the IT Helpdesk ticketing and knowledgebase system, utilizing the system to record, assign, track, close, and analyze all IT Helpdesk requests & Incidents.
• Isolate recurring problems and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed until permanent solutions are found.
• Maintain communication with users, keeping them informed of the status of their requests and follows-up with users to ensure that requests were completed to their satisfaction
• Monitor help desk tickets daily and escalation to IT Senior Technical Specialist to ensure tickets are resolved within agreed time line
• Produce Helpdesk statistical reports.
• Maintains IT inventory records and asset tagging
• Make recommendations for process improvements.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain an understanding of the College and the support services it requires
• Develop a Service Level Agreement and ensure service delivery is fulfilled.
• Identify root problems which may negatively affect the helpdesk service delivery and escalate to IT Team Lead and IT Manager, with recommendations for improvement.
• Supervision of Lab Assistants to ensure adequate staffing level is maintained that optimises performance of the team and supports delivery of IT Help Desk Services and optimises performance of team.
• Continuously manage self-help guides and portals to help reduce the number of frequently asked questions to Help Desk.
• Keep up-to-date with developments in Help Desk technologies and best practice customer service standards to ensure the Help Desk function is of a consistently high standard.
• To provide support to projects and critical incident response as and when required so that the team resources can be leveraged and skillsets maintained.
• Two or more years’ experience in a Service Desk role, is mandatory.
• Must hold a 3rd Level degree in Information Technology or a related field.
• Must have an excellent general knowledge of both Hardware & Software
• Must be fluent in English both oral and written.
• Must possess a sharp learning temperament and be able to keep abreast of the latest industry developments and the development of new technologies and IT practices.
• Successful experience prioritizing multiple tasks, managing requests and adapting to a changing environment while remaining professional and efficient.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret moderately technical documents and customer communications.
• Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Experience of supervising and motivating a team
• Customer Service
• Written and oral communication
• Problem solving and analysis
• Attention to detail
• Technical Expertise
Help Desk operating hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday 08.00 – 21.00
Saturday and Sunday 08.00 – 18.00
Help Desk staff will be required to cover these times in 8 hour shifts as per shift rota.
Sunday work will be required for busy periods such as exams through the year.
Salary Band: Negotiable
Annual Leave: 24 days
Contract: This is a permanent position
Visa: Applicants must hold a valid work permit
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number NCI0754 to: email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 5pm Wed, 14th of February 2018.
Successful candidate is expected to start in March 2018.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the IT Help Desk Coordinator are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the College.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer