Director - International Development
Director - International Development
Purpose of the position:
The development and implementation of NCI’s international student recruitment, institutional collaboration, international marketing strategies and play a lead role in the college’s internationalisation strategy.
- The President
- Chair of/and Governing Body
- VP Academic Affairs & Research
- Deans of Schools
- Vice Deans of Schools
- Head of Cloud Competency Centre
- Marketing Director
- Finance Director
- International Office Team
- Lead the development of a comprehensive international revenue generation strategy that will deliver:
o NCI’s revenue targets and ambitions for international development.
o Entry into new and emerging international markets.
o A sustainable international sales channel network that will deliver target revenues from each territory.
o Long-term relationships and collaborative agreements with international institutions, agents and sponsorship awarding bodies.
- Lead and work with NCI’s Schools of Business and Computing and Student Services to develop coherent structures, processes and supports for international student integration and assimilation.
- Work with NCI’s Schools of Business and Computing and Student Services to ensure clear accountabilities and service levels to students, agents and partner institutions.
- Present regular strategy and performance updates to NCI’s Executive Board and Governing Body (Non-Executive Board).
- Planning of long term revenue and resourcing to ensure continued growth of international revenues.
- Lead, in conjunction with President, Vice President and Deans, the development and implementation of the college’s internationalisation strategy.
- Planning and implementation of NCI’s international revenue generation strategy.
- Management of NCI’s international sales activity.
- The development and management of annual budgets and marketing/sales strategies for each market in line with the international strategy objectives.
- Delivery and regular monitoring of performance of KPI’s/metrics and update of this budget into periodic forecasts as required.
- Work with NCI international staff to ensure proactive and high-quality relationship management of international agents and partners.
- Ensure high quality relationships and open lines of communication with all relevant state bodies, including Department of Justice, Irish Embassies abroad, and international embassies in Ireland, Enterprise Ireland, other relevant Ministers, Government Departments and Civil Servants, and overseas equivalents of each of these.
- Make regular visits to NCI’s existing and emerging markets in order to manage sales performance in existing territories and to establish strategy and structures in new and emerging territories.
- Development and implementation of marketing plans to support revenue generation and markets development.
- Management of NCI international team, both in Ireland and overseas.
- The coaching and development of the team to ensure that the appropriate resources and skills are in place to achieve the revenue targets and growth ambitions.
- Ensure that NCI’s international strategy is well-communicated and understood internally, and that there is a strong alignment with all key stakeholders including Schools and Departments.
Experience & Key Attributes:
- Strong relationship management skills in complex stakeholder environments
- Proven international revenue generation/sales experience
- Commercial/sales management experience in a multinational environment
- Experience in negotiating contracts and service level agreements in international markets, leading to long-term, mutually beneficial and profitable relationships
- Proven track record of strategic development and successful strategy implementation
- Experience in marketing, social media and communications
- Experience within the international education sector would be an advantage
- Previous experience of significant, regular international business travel
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of team, individual and personal development
- Proven track record of achievement with high energy and drive
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills allied to strategic thinking
- Collaborative approach with good team-working skills
- Strong communications skills including inter-cultural sensitivity
- Strong writing, spreadsheet, data analysis and presentation skills
- A relevant degree qualification desirable but not an absolute requirement for a candidate with the right experience and attributes
Salary: Commensurate with experience and includes bonus arrangement.
Annual Leave: 27 days per annum
Contract: Full-time, permanent position
This role requires a significant amount of international travel.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Director – International Development are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of NCI.
Cronin Partners International Search has been retained by the College to undertake the search for this position.
Applications should be sent to by email to Catherine O’Sullivan, Cronin Partners International Search at: email@example.com
Application deadline Thursday, 30th June 2016.
Please include in your application:
- A full Curriculum Vitae
- A brief covering letter
- Details of two referees
- Personal contact details