Position: Coordinator – Early Learning Initiative
Reporting to: Assistant Director of the Early Learning Initiative
Job code: NCI 0802
Purpose of Position: To coordinate the Early Learning Initiative’s STEAM programmes
• Assistant Director and Director of the Early Learning Initiative.
• Stretch to Learn Coordinator
• Early Learning Initiative team
• National College of Ireland
• Stakeholders in the local community, including parents, children and practitioners
• Support the coordination of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Maths) programmes and events for schools and services
• Support the implementation of ELI programmes including:
o NCI Challenges
o Zoom Ahead with Books
o Coding Club
o Financial Literacy
o Numeracy and literacy programmes
• Liaise with local schools, afterschools, youth and community organisations working with young people aged 6-25 years to ensure that ELI’s Primary, Second and Third Level Programmes meet their educational and career guidance needs.
• Support the implementation of ELI’s Corporate Volunteer programme in relation to ELI’s Primary, Second and Third Level Programmes
• Manage the ELI’s STEAM Programme budget and accounts within the Early Learning Initiative framework.
• Prepare and maintain records, reports and/or evaluation data on the programme and participating children and families.
• Participate in research activities and other relevant projects.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Director/Assistant Director of the ELI.
Skills and Experience required:
• Relevant 3rd level qualification.
• Relevant experience of working with children, young people, families and statutory agencies.
• Relevant experience of implementing STEAM programmes in the community sector.
• Ability to work with marginalised families and have an understanding of the issues of marginalisation.
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, community and corporate stakeholders and other outside individuals/organisations
• Flexible approach to work as evening and weekend work may be required
• Experience in organising events
• Ability to operate as a team player in a cross disciplinary, integrated team, sharing roles and responsibilities.
• An energetic, confident and pro-active individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent leadership, administrative and organisational skills.
Salary: Administrator Band €30,450 - €42,632
Annual Leave: 24 days pro rata
Contract Type: Permanent contract subject to ongoing funding
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your Cover Letter and CV in PDF format both, quoting reference number: NCI 0802 and title of position to: email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 21st February 2019.
The successful candidates will be subject to Garda vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the ELI Coordinator – Early Learning Initiative, are based on the current stated role and objective of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
For further information on the ELI, please visit our website: www.ncirl.ie
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.