Position: ELI Project Support Worker
Reporting to: Project Coordinators and Director of the Early Learning Initiative
Purpose of Position: To support the delivery of ELI’s Programmes
§ Director of the Early Learning Initiative
§ ELI Coordinators and Project Teams
§ National College of Ireland
• Support the planning, implementation and evaluation of the ELI’s Programmes e.g. NCI Challenges; Discover University; Coding Clubs etc.
• Support the organisation of ELI events
• Preparing and maintaining records, reports and/or test data on the programme and participating children
• Participating in research activities
• Any other duties as assigned by the ELI Director and Coordinator
Skills and Experience Required:
• The successful candidate will require a relevant qualification in education or an education related field.
• Experience of working with young children and families in a relevant setting
• Experience in delivering education programmes for children and young people
• Flexible approach to work as evening and weekend work may be required
• Proven capacity to work independently and as part of a team in a cross disciplinary, integrated team, sharing roles and responsibilities
• Excellent time management, administrative and organisational skills
• An energetic, confident and pro-active individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills
Salary: €12.36 per hour
Contract: Fixed-term part-time – subject to ongoing funding
Annual Leave: 8% of hours worked
The successful candidates will be subject to Garda vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: to: email@example.com by 5pm on 7th April 2017.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the ELI Project Support Workers, are based on the current stated role and objective of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.