Associate Faculty (Early Childhood Education)
Director of Learning & Teaching
Purpose of Position:
NCI intends to launch two BA in Learning and Development programmes in Early Childhood Education (ECE) and in Adult Workplace Education (AWE) in September 2015. To support this initiative the College is recruiting Associate Faculty with experience and expertise, including teaching experience, in the following subject areas:
- Early Childhood Education,
- Workforce Learning and Development,
- Methods of Teaching and Learning,
- Personal and Professional Development (in Early Childhood Education sector).
- Teaching skills
- Level 9 qualification in Early Childhood Education
- Experience of teaching in Higher Education or Further Education
- Knowledge of the sector (policies and practices)
- Ability to prepare course material and programme documentation
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Adherence to professional standards of teaching
Rate of Pay: Associate Faculty rates
Position: Fixed term contract
Hours: Part time: teaching hours are allocated prior to the start of each semester
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0625 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 29th May 2015.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Associate Faculty (Early Childhood Education) are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of NCI
Equal Opportunities Policy:
The National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.