Position: Educational Engagement Officer
Job Code: NCI0735
Reporting to: Director of Learning & Teaching and Education Programmes
As part of the Learning and Teaching Team, the purpose of this role includes:
- The application of strategies to enhance student engagement and retention such as a mentor scheme, ‘Getting to Grips’ support tutorials, progression meetings, exam clinics and orientation sessions.
- Manage and develop college-wide attendance monitoring systems and appropriate policies for dealing with non-engaged students.
- Oversee pastoral care, counselling and related services for student well-being.
- Management of financial assistance schemes for students.
- Oversee services that support NCI’s recognition of Prior Experiential Learning policy and processes in conjunction with an academic director and faculty in the schools.
- Identify and apply strategies to enhance the scholarship of learning and teaching in the professional practice of NCI teaching and support staff including liaison with the National Forum for Teaching & Learning and other national agencies and initiatives.
- Contribute to all aspects of the implementation of the NCI’s new Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy 2017 -2023.
- Director of Learning & Teaching and Education Programmes
- Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Colleagues in Learning & Teaching and Education Programmes
- Dean/Vice-Deans School of Business and School of Computing
- Director of Quality Assurance
- Director of Student Services
- Programme Directors
- Programme Coordinators
- International Office
- IT Manager
- Identify and apply strategies to enhance student engagement and retention such as a mentor scheme, ‘Getting to Grips’ support tutorials, pastoral care and related services for student well-being.
- Identify and apply strategies to enhance the scholarship of learning and teaching in the professional practice of NCI teaching and support staff. This will involve organising professional development events, liaison with outside contributors and organisations, and other associated activities and projects.
- Manage all planning and budgetary aspects of LTA support services (other than disability support services) including management of financial assistance schemes for students.
- Establish and oversee actions to support a continuous cycle of programme improvement and innovation in NCI programmes. This will involve working with QA services and the schools to put in place learning and teaching enhancement processes that are good quality, sustainable and improve student learning outcomes.
- Manage and develop Learning & Teaching academic support programmes such as Managing Your Learning, Getting to Grips and Finding your Feet along with all associated processes.
- To manage and facilitate processes connected with student monitoring systems and attendance requirements and to propose and implement policies in relation to student attendance and engagement.
- Preparation of timely reports to inform Academic Council and committees on matters related to the role.
- Further duties as may be specified by the Director of Learning & Teaching and Education Programmes from time to time.
Key Attributes / Competencies:
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to take responsibility and work autonomously
- A masters (essential) qualification in education/learning & teaching or related field
- A professional, autonomous and collegiate disposition
- Experience in third level education and working with students, faculty and related staff
- Excellent administrative, IT, teamwork and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of competency in multi-tasking, prioritising and problem solving
- Ability to be flexible and to be available outside of standard working hours
Salary Band: Specialist/Senior Administrator Salary Band (from €36,180 -€52,260)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting title of position and reference number NCI0735 to: email@example.com by 5:00 pm, Wednesday 16th August 2017
National College of Ireland’s mission is to change lives through education.
Its vision is to provide an inspiring educational experience that is innovative, responsive and enterprise focused.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Student Engagement Officer are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer