Position: Executive Assistant - Student Services & Registrar
Reporting to: Director of Student Services and Registrar
NCI Job Code: NCI0728
Purpose of Position:
The Executive Assistant for Student Services & Registrar will provide administrative support to both the Director of Student Services and the College’s Registrar.
- Director of Student Services
- Student Services team
- Deans of Schools, Vice Deans of Schools
- Programme Directors
- Academic staff
- Making sure records are kept up to date on both the database and hard copy.
- Minute taking of meetings and committees.
- Co-ordination of the quality assurance process with the Registrar’s office to ensure all follow up and minutes from the committee meetings are co-ordinated.
- Responsible for all student correspondence, making sure the relevant information is passed on to other departments where necessary.
- Compiling and processing expenses.
- Assisting in the orientation and registration of students.
- Assisting in the organisation and co-ordination of graduations and student events.
- Assisting the Registrar in all Educational (QQI) correspondence.
- Organise the production of Diploma Supplements for all graduates on an annual basis.
- Providing administrative support to other sections of student services when required.
- Proof reading reports – formatting, editing them, checking grammar, layout, etc.
- Compiling PowerPoint presentations.
- Recording staff details such as timesheets, annual leave data, etc.
- Diary management.
- Taking phone calls and messages.
Additional Responsibilities as part of the Student Services Team:
- Late cover of the Student Services department.
- Such other activities as may be required to support the Student Services Department.
- Excellent proof reading and document management skills.
- Experience of using MS Word to a high level and of compiling PowerPoint presentations.
- Good knowledge of Excel – able to do formulae.
- Ability to treat sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Adept at multi-tasking.
- Have a professional manner when dealing with both staff and students.
- Flexibility – During the academic year, some Saturdays and evenings will need to be worked based on a rota system.
Position: Specific Purpose Contract, expected duration 11 months
Salary: €30,150 - €42,210 per annum
Holidays: 24 days pro rata
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting title of position and reference number NCI0728 to: email@example.com by 5:00 pm, Wednesday 9th August 2017
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Executive Assistant – Student Services/Registrar, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
The National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of the travelling community.