Position: IT Helpdesk Support
Job Code: NCI 0753
Purpose of Position:
NCI are seeking to recruit an experienced IT Support person to join their Help Desk Team. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of one years’ experience working in a similar role.
The primary function of the role is to provide level 1 support to end users for all desktop, hardware and software issues. Contribute to the successful operation of the IT Help Desk, ensuring all support requests are logged and resolved in a timely manner in accordance to Help Desk procedures.
• Action tickets logged on NCI’s Helpdesk ticketing system
• Answer calls and respond to emails for IT support
• Seek to resolve as many support requests as possible, within knowledge base, prior to escalations.
• Troubleshoot basic software and hardware problems.
• Retain ownership of problems through to resolution to ensure a high level of user satisfaction.
• Ensure all support requests are updated with resolution detail prior to closure so that solutions are captured for future reference.
• Provide Input to and update knowledge base as necessary.
• Adhere to established policies and procedures
• Ensure all hardware is maintained in accordance with warranty and external IT support contracts.
• Ensure ICT security policies are adhered to.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience working in an IT Help Desk support role is mandatory.
• Relevant third level Computing qualification
• Experience working with Microsoft Technologies
• Excellent client facing skills
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Proven problem solving and analysis skills
• Experience of working effectively as a member of a team
• Good general knowledge of hardware and software
• IT Manager
• IT Department
• Students, Faculty and Staff
Help Desk operating hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 08.00 – 22.00
Saturday and Sunday: 08.00 – 18.00
IT Helpdesk staff will be required to cover these times in 8 hour shifts as per shift rota.
Sundays will be required for busy periods such as exams.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Annual Leave: 24 days
Contract: 12 Month Contract.
Visa: Must hold a valid working visa
Language: Fluent English
Note: The functions and responsibilities of the IT Help Desk Support position are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI 0753 to: email@example.com by the close of business Tuesday 9th September 2018.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
National College of Ireland’s mission is to change lives through education