Position: HR Consultant
Reporting to: Director of Human Resources
Purpose of Position:
The role has primary responsibility for all aspects of the College’s recruitment activities and provides HR administrative support within the HR Department and the delivery of HR services to the wider College.
• Director of Human Resources
• Deans of School and Heads of Departments
• Applicants for College Vacancies
• Overall responsibility for all stages of the recruitment process - sourcing applicants, short-listing, scheduling interviews, participating on interview panels, making job offers, undertaking reference checks and issuing contracts.
• Undertake Garda Vetting.
• Provide professional HR advice to Management and Staff and respond promptly to HR queries.
• Provide information on HR policies, procedures, benefits and ensure that information and documentation is up to date.
• Maintain HR data accurately and update CoreHR system in accordance with deadlines.
• Produce HR MIS e.g. headcount, absence, turnover reports and ensure that returns are completed on time
• Identify ways in which HR processes, systems and procedures can be improved to operate more effectively
• Provide HR administrative support within the HR Department.
• Responsible for HR files, storage and retrieval of data.
• Experienced in all stages of the recruitment cycle and process and proficient in LinkedIn Recruiter.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with management and employees.
• Excellent communication skills – oral and written – with attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
• Experienced in operating CoreHR and producing HR MIS and reports.
• Expertise in word processing, power-point presentations, excel spreadsheets, data processing.
• Good judgement derived from ability to analyse a situation and apply HR knowledge and experience to produce effective outcome.
• An understanding of when to escalate an issue to a higher level
• Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
• Tact when handling sensitive issues.
• Previous experience that encompasses both recruitment and providing HR generalist service.
• A Masters qualification in HR or a related field or an equivalent CIPD qualification as well as evidence of continuous professional development and learning.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Strong customer orientation with a drive to provide high levels of customer service.
• Knowledge and proficiency in Employment Law
• Absolute discretion and confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills, time management and PC skills.
• Experienced in CoreHR would be beneficial
Contract: This is a permanent position
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Specialist Salary Band
€36,180 - €52,260 per annum
Holidays: 24 days per annum
Applications for this vacancy need to be submitted before Friday the 2nd December 2016. Applicants are requested to email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act, 2001.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Human Resources Consultant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of NCI
Equal Opportunities Policy:
The National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.