Position: IT Help Desk Coordinator
Job Code: NCI 0726
Reporting to: IT Manager
Purpose of Position:
To ensure the smooth running of the NCI Help Desk, ensuring all support requests are logged and resolved in a timely manner throughout the hours of operation of NCI and in accordance to Help Desk procedures.
This entails the administration of the Help Desk team, ensuring that the shift rota of the team provides the resources to maintain an effective 1st Line Response service including the supervising of Lab Assistants, and the provision of ICT Facilities in support of College events is also within this appointment’s remit.
The IT Help Desk Coordinator supervises the Help Desk and Lab Assistants within the NCI IT Team. They will interact with the IT Team Lead, Senior Technical Specialists and their teams, and external vendors to ensure Help Desk Tickets are resolved in accordance with Service Level Agreement (SLA) and report to the IT Manager.
- IT Manager
- IT Team Lead
- Help Desk
- Senior Technical Specialists
- Lab Assistants
- Students, Faculty and Staff
- Commercial Office
- External Clients
- Responsible for coordination of help desk team members who are tasked with assisting customers remotely, by email, or telephone, or in person.
- Manage the development, support and assessment of the Help Desk and Lab Assistants to ensure that all logged requests are answered and resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide service to NCI customers, Students, Faculty and staff, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures.
- Supervise the efficient operation of the helpdesk in providing comprehensive, quality service to NCI end-users and staff.
- Troubleshoot problems and issues related to support service delivery in a timely fashion
- Answer calls and escalate calls when required to on call support.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the College and the support services it requires
- Ensure shift rotas operate effectively in order to provide adequate support to customers.
- Develop a Service Level Agreement and ensure service delivery is fulfilled.
- Ensure customers are provided with regular updates on tickets ensuring they are kept fully informed of development until ticket is resolved.
- Identify root problems which may negatively affect the helpdesk service delivery and escalate to IT Team Lead and IT Manager, with recommendations for improvement.
- Supervision of Lab Assistants to ensure adequate staffing level is maintained that optimises performance of the team and supports delivery of IT Help Desk Services and optimises performance of team.
- Ensure that the Help Desk team retains ownership of problems through to resolution to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Monitor help desk tickets daily and escalation to IT Senior Technical Specialist to ensure tickets are resolved within agreed time line
- Submit monthly reports for measuring helpdesk service levels, as required. Submit additional reports, as determined by the IT Team Lead \ IT Manager.
- Ensure all support requests are updated with logged incident resolution detailed prior to closure so that solutions are captured for future reference.
- Continuously develop and maintain a ‘Knowledge Base’ for use by Help Desk and Lab Assistants to ensure as many logged support requests as possible can be resolved without escalation and promotes the sharing of information and ideas.
- Continuously manage self-help guides and portals to help reduce the number of frequently asked questions to Help Desk.
- Work in conjunction with the IT Department, (including participation in project groups), in order to keep up-to-date on all new and emerging developments, assessing how they will impact on support requests to Help Desk, and how this can be minimised using self-help guides and portals.
- Ensure all hardware is maintained in accordance with warranty and external IT support contracts.
- Ensure ICT security policies are adhered to.
- Liaise with the Senior Technical Specialists and IT Manager regarding delivery of existing and new services.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in Help Desk technologies and best practice customer service standards to ensure the Help Desk function is of a consistently high standard.
- Assist the IT department as required, to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Administer the Help Desk team, inclusive of Lab Assistants so that staff availability \ rosters are designed to support College activity.
- To provide support to projects and critical incident response as and when required so that the team resources can be leveraged and skillsets maintained.
- At all times to seek to increase Help Desk efficiencies through team development, clear communications and applying innovation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
- Minimum of 2 years’ Experience in a similar position is mandatory
- Excellent customer service skills
- Technical expertise
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent communications skills –in particular telephone and written
- Experience of supervising and motivating a team
- Good general knowledge of hardware and software
- Customer Service
- Written and oral communication
- Problem solving and analysis
- Attention to detail
- Technical Expertise
Help Desk operating hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday 08.00 – 21.00
Saturday and Sunday 08.00 – 18.00
Help Desk staff will be required to cover these times in 8 hour shifts as per shift rota.
Sunday work will be required for busy periods such as exams in January, May and August.
Salary Band: Administrator (€30,150 - €42,210) with a 5% shift allowance
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Annual Leave: 24 days
Contract: This is a permanent position
Visa: Applicants must hold a valid work permit
Application Process: Applications are confined to internal NCI applicants only. To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI 0726 and job title to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 26th May 2017 .
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Lecturer in Marketing are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the College.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.