IT Helpdesk Support
IT Help Desk Co-Ordinator
Purpose of Position:
To ensure the smooth running of the NCI 1st Line Response Team, (inclusive of the Help Desk), ensuring all support requests are logged and resolved in a timely manner in accordance to Help Desk procedures. Additionally, to support A/ V maintenance tasks as and when required, support events as assigned and act as a skilled resource to project implementation where directed.
The 1st Line Response Team Member resources support requests as logged. They will escalate only those issues they cannot resolve. They will interact with the 2nd Line Response Team members to escalate these issues and track their support requests to closure.
- IT Help Desk Co-Ordinator
- IT Team Lead
- IT Department
- Students, Faculty and Staff
- Student Residents
- Incubation Clients
- To record details of all incoming support requests in line with Help Desk procedures ensuring accurate information is obtained at all times.
- Working as part of a team, to resolve as many support requests as possible prior to escalations to ensure support requests are resolved within the pre-defined Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Provide regular updates to users to ensure they are kept fully informed of developments.
- Retain ownership of problems through to resolution to ensure a high level of user satisfaction.
- Ensure all support requests are updated with resolution detail prior to closure so that solutions are captured for future reference.
- Installation of hardware and software as directed.
- Troubleshooting of hardware & software issues as they arise
- Work in conjunction with the IT Department, (including participation in project groups), in order to keep up-to-date on all new and emerging developments.
- Ensure all hardware is maintained in accordance with warranty and external IT support contracts.
- Ensure ICT security policies are adhered to.
- Pro-actively monitor and maintain all Audio Visual equipment to ensure optimum usage.
- Provide full ICT and audio visual event support as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
- A minimum of one year’s experience working in an IT Helpdesk Support role.
- Relevant third level qualifications and/or Microsoft Certifications
- Experience in Windows 7 & Windows 2008\2012 operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience of TCP\IP Networking
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven problem solving and analysis skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills –in particular telephone and written
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Technical Expertise
- Customer Service
- Written and oral communication
Help Desk operating hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday 08.00 – 22.00
Saturday and Sunday 08.00 – 18.00
1st Line Response staff will be required to cover these times in 8 hour shifts as per shift rota.
Sundays will be required for busy periods throughout the year.
Salary: IT Scale 1, €22,000 - €29,865 +5% salary shift allowance
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum pro rata
Contract: Fixed Term Contract for 1 Year, full-time.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0650 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 17th July 2015.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the IT Helpdesk Support are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer