IT Senior Technical Specialist – Software Developer
Purpose of Position:
NCI currently has a variety of applications and systems in use that leverage Microsoft Technologies and the .NET framework.
With a multitude of Data Sources and an ever increasing need for data exchange and dynamic data updating, NCI have developed an Integration Platform which leverages RESTful web services and API’s.
As NCI look to integrate more systems, we now have an opportunity for a Software Developer with good Integration skills. The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for the management, administration and future development of the Integration Platform. In addition a there will be a requirement to undertake development tasks to support other business systems - Dynamics CRM and Forefront Identity Manager.
- On-going maintenance and customisation of NCI’s bespoke Integration platform
- Technical Lead on Integration Projects
- Dynamics CRM development
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Oracle Database Administration
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have 3 + years working with .NET framework (VB, C#, ASP)
- Must have 3 + years working with RESTful/SOAP web services and Web API’s
- Good PLSQL/SQL skills
- Working knowledge of API’s and REST architecture
- Development experience in SQL Server and Oracle databases desirable
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM an advantage
- Strong teamwork, communication and collaboration skills required.
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Must be highly motivated to initiate new ideas as well as to own and drive projects to completion
- A third level computing qualification
- IT Team Lead
- Business Owners
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Annual Leave: 24 Days per annum
Contract: Fixed term contract for 2 years
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0670 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 4th March 2016.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Senior Technical Specialists are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.