Position: Lecturer in Learning Professional Practice (Short-term Contract)
Job code: NCI 0757
Reporting to: Director of Learning and Teaching and Education Programme
Purpose of Position:
Plan, design and prepare resources for the NCI teacher professional development with particular emphasis on development of a programme for newly appointed teachers and (ii) plan, design and prepare resources for modules and special purpose awards in Technology Enhanced Learning for learning professionals in the Further Education and Training Sector.
· Director of Learning & Teaching and Education Programmes
· L&T team
· Programme Co-ordinators
· Associate Faculty
· Plan, design and prepare resources for the NCI teacher professional development with particular emphasis on development of a programme for newly appointed teachers
· Plan, design and prepare resources for modules and special purpose awards in Technology Enhanced Learning for learning professionals in the Further Education and Training Sector
· Develop new and existing course material, using new learning technology and delivery mechanisms in particular
· Assist in the development of existing programmes and new programmes.
· Drafting submission documents, liaison with the validating bodies, promoting, implementing and reviewing programmes.
· The appointee will be expert in education with specialist knowledge of scholarship and practice of learning and assessment in workplace settings, technology enhanced learning, Further Education and Training (FET), faculty development in Higher Education.
· PhD qualification in Education or connected discipline is essential
· Experience of teaching in Higher Education
· Knowledge of sector policies and practice
· Ability to prepare course material and programme documentation
· Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
· Ability to build relationships and collaborate
· Adherence to professional standards of teaching
· Excellent communication skills, time management and PC skills
· He/she must be a self- starter with the ability to work independently.
Contract: 5 Months Fixed Term April – end of August 2018
Salary: Depending on experience, the appointment will be from Academic I Salary Band (€36,180 – €54,270) to Academic II Salary Band (€52,260 - €78,390)
Annual Leave: 34 days
Application Process: We are accepting applications only from Internal candidates. To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number and title of position to: email@example.com by 5pm, Thursday, 5th of April 2018.
For informal queries, please contact, Dr Leo Casey, Director of Learning & Teaching and Education Programmes, E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Lecturer in Learning Professional Practice are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.