Lecturer I in Psychology
Dean of the School of Business
Purpose of Position:
The key functions of this position are to teach Psychology on a range of College programmes, develop curriculum and programme related materials and perform research associated with the College’s programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Dean of the School of Business
- Vice Dean Undergraduate Studies
- Faculty in the School
- Associate Faculty
- Programme Co-ordinators.
- Lecture to students within the School of Business in the area of Psychology.
- Lecture on certificate, diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes on the area of Psychology.
- Provide a professional support to students in their learning activities.
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects
- Facilitate practical experimental research design and implementation
- Commit to ongoing professional development
- Participate in committees appropriate to courses.
- Engage in research consultancy and development work as appropriate.
- Provide such information as may be required by the College related to the activities of the role.
- Engage in the assessment processes of the College by setting and marking examinations and assignments and attending assessment boards and liaising with external examiners.
- Set, correct and give feedback on project work, research work and dissertation.
- Undertake the duties of the role in accordance with the requirements of the College Quality Assurance arrangement.
- Facilitate skills development workshops.
- Liaise with library re: reading materials, booklists, etc.
- Develop new and existing course material, using new learning technology and delivery mechanisms in particular.
- Assist in the drafting of submission documents, liaise with the validating bodies, promote, implement and review programmes.
- Assist in the development of existing programmes and new programmes. This may involve drafting submission documents, liaison with the validating bodies, promoting, implementing and reviewing programmes.
- Design and deliver curriculum and education interventions.
- Preparation for teaching and all other work related activity including tutorials associated with lectures.
- Carry out scholarly research relevant to College activities and strategy, including regular publications and presentations.
- Assist in the development of the School of Business.
- Act as programme director for undergraduate and/or postgraduate programmes in consultation with the Dean of the School of Business.
- Contribute to academic and disciplinary committees and meetings as requested.
- Be available to students outside of class contact hours for guidance and support.
- Represent the college at functions and promotional events such as exhibitions, school visits, open days, recruitment evenings and other external events.
- Act as a personal tutor.
- Work on short courses, training and consultancy.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A PhD in Psychology or a related area.
- Lecturing experience, with ability to lecture in the area of biological psychology desirable.
- Evidence of research output and future research strategy.
- Industry experience desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, time management and PC skills.
- He/she must be a self- starter with the ability to work independently.
Salary: Lecturer I €39,690 - €49,646
Annual Leave: 31 days per annum
Contract: Permanent, full time
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0648 to: email@example.com by 12pm, Tuesday 28th July 2015.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to a Lecturer in the School of Business are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer