Purpose of Position:
To assist with the library/administrative duties within the Norma Smurfit Library
- Circulation Desk Duties using library system (Horizon).
- Shelving and tidying of library stock.
- Generating and sending of library notices.
- Assisting with reader enquiries.
- Assisting with the use of electronic resources.
- Booking of rooms for public and student use.
- Photocopying of material, when necessary.
- Assisting with Book Processing
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Librarian.
- Previous experience within a library environment would be desirable.
- Good customer service experience and skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- An interest in electronic media is essential.
- Social media experience is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of the internet and online databases would be advantageous.
- Positive approach to continued training.
Salary: €13.30 per hour
Hours: 15 - 25 hours per week
(Work may include Friday 12:00 to 20:00 & Saturday 9:00 to 17:00)
Contract duration: Fixed term (January 2015 to June 2015)
Closing Date: 19th December 2014
National College of Ireland’s mission is to change lives through education.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Library Assistant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.