Internal Position: Library Assistant (may include Friday/Saturday Work)
Reporting to: Deputy Librarian
Job Code: NCI0818
Purpose of Position: To assist with the library/administrative duties within the Norma Smurfit Library
• Attending to issue/reader services desk for designated periods
• Dealing with serials module of library catalogue (Alto)
• Assisting with ordering and receiving new library stock
• Shelving and tidying of library stock
• Generating and sending of library notices
• Assisting with reader enquiries
• Assisting with Library Databases
• Assisting with the use of electronic resources
• Photocopying of material, when necessary
• Student Information Support
• Any other tasks as assigned by the Deputy Librarian or Librarian
• Previous experience within a library environment would be desirable but not essential
• Good customer service experience and skills
• Good keyboard skills with working knowledge of windows environment
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as part of a small team
• An interest in electronic media is essential
• Working knowledge of the internet and online databases would be advantageous
• Positive approach to continued training
Contract: Permanent Full Time Post
Salary Library Assistant, Support Staff Band (€22,840 - €34,005)
Application Process: Internal applications, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0818 and title of position to: email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 19th April 2019. This role is open to internal applications only!
The successful candidates will be subject to Garda vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Library Assistant, are based on the current stated role and objective of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.