Library Assistant (2 x Part-time positions)
Purpose of Position:
To assist with the library/administrative duties within the Norma Smurfit Library
- Circulation Desk Duties using library system (Horizon).
- Shelving and tidying of library stock.
- Generating and sending of library notices.
- Assisting with reader enquiries.
- Assisting with the use of electronic resources.
- Booking of rooms for public and student use.
- Photocopying of material, when necessary.
- Assisting with Book Processing
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Librarian.
- Previous experience within a library environment would be desirable.
- Good customer service experience and skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- An interest in electronic media is essential.
- Working knowledge of the internet and online databases would be advantageous.
- Positive approach to continued training.
Salary: €12.36 per hour
Contract: Fixed term contract (September 2016 to June 2017)
Hours: Part-time 25 hours per week, includes Evening/Saturday Work
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0686 to: email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 12th August 2016.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Library Assistant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer