Position: Library Help Centre Assistant (Position will include evening/Friday/Saturday work)
Reporting to: Library Help Centre Officer
Job Code: NCI0801
Purpose of Position: Provide support to the Library Help Centre Officer & assist with support to academic staff and course directors for students to streamline services and resources; attend any committees or meetings concerning students study requirements if/where required.
• Library Help Centre Officer
• Deputy Librarian
• Library staff
• Faculty and Staff
• Support information literacy services, including liaison duties with other College departments
• Help support the organisation & creation of Student Library Induction
• Continued development of resources available on library website & applicable Library Subject Guides for students (e.g. research methods: database familiarisation; plagiarism; referencing)
• Provide one to one academic assistance to students across all courses
• Provide bespoke information skills classes, for courses within the College.
• Assist with the roll-out of information literacy services to students with the support of library staff
• Liaise with academic staff and course directors to streamline services and resources for students, faculty and staff.; attend any committee/meetings as/when directed.
• Liaise with administrative staff and International Office to ensure there is a cohesive delivery of services to students
• Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager or Library Managers
• At least two years of experience of working as a Library Assistant or in a similar position
• Ideally have a Professional Library Qualification, experience of an academic library would be an asset
• Ability to work on own initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Expert knowledge of online databases and systems, experience of Discovery, research and metadata search engines would be an advantage
• Positive approach to continued training
• Flexible approach to working hours which will include Evening and Saturday work; [Depending on Academic Semester Requirements]
• Flexible attitude to the changing needs of the post and library users
• Ability to prioritise and deal effectively with a number of tasks simultaneously
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Presentation skills along with experience of educational technologies, such as screencast etc. desirable, however not essential as training will be provided
Salary: Scale: €30,450 to €42,632
Annual Leave: 24 days per calendar year
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0801 and title of position to: email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 25th January 2019.
The successful candidates will be subject to Garda vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Library Help Centre Assistant id based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer