Purpose of Position:
First Line response to all maintenance users on the College
- Facilities Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Service, Premises and Security Managers
- Commercial Office
- Students and Residents
This position is a hands-on technician front line maintenance role. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for all front line activities associated with the continued operation of all plant and equipment within the College. The Maintenance Technician will be expected to support the equipment in all aspects (Mechanical, Electrical, Carpentry, Plumbing etc.) making the best use of the skills available in the Maintenance Team as the situation requires
- Respond and resolve all faults and issues reported.
- This role involves carrying out the maintenance of equipment including the planned preventative/scheduled/predictive maintenance tasks and to carry out equipment surveys.
- Liaise with contractors who are visiting the campus, including permits to work, sign off on completion.
- Understand and comply with H&S procedures and requirements
- Support and participation in the on shift rota to ensure quick response to alarms or faults on the campus
- Administration of the BMS system to help ensure a comfortable working environment in the College and Research building
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team. Available for call out duties and / or overtime when required.
- Participate in continuous improvement, implementing procedures to improve quality and effectiveness
- A recognised qualification in the relevant discipline together with successful completion of appropriate apprenticeship
- At least 7 years’ experience which suitably demonstrates the required skill for the position
- Experience in BMS systems and CAFM Helpdesk
- Good organisational, communication, report writing and interpersonal skills
- Good PC skills and comfortable working with MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Flexible hands on approach.
Salary: Senior Specialist/Supervisor Salary Band €40,200 - €60,300
Annual Leave: 24 days
Hours: 39 per week
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0692 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Tuesday 1st November 2016.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Maintenance Technician role are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.