Position: PCHP Home Visitor - Early Learning Initiative
Reporting to: Parent Child Home Programme Coordinators
Director of the Early Learning Initiative
Purpose of Position: To deliver the Early Learning Initiative’s Parent Child Home Programme (PCHP)
- Local Parent Child Home Programme Coordinators
- Director of the Early Learning Initiative.
- Early Learning Initiative team
- National College of Ireland
- Deliver the PCHP programme to individual children and their families through twice weekly home visits
- Attend a weekly supervision session
- Take part in home visitor training, both accredited and non-accredited
- Organise and deliver events for the programme families
- Support other ELI programmes as required
- Prepare and maintain records, reports and/or test data on the programme and participating children
- Participate in research activities
- Any other duties as assigned by the Parent Child Home Programme Coordinators and Director of the ELI.
Skills and Experience required:
- Relevant qualifications in early child care and education
- Relevant experience of working with young children and families
- Ability to work closely with and respect marginalised families and have an understanding of the issues of marginalisation
- Ability to operate as a team player in a cross disciplinary, integrated team, sharing roles and responsibilities
- An energetic, confident and pro-active individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management, administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, community stakeholders and other outside individuals/organisations
Salary: €12.36 per hour
Contract: Fixed term part-time - Subject to on-going funding
Annual Leave: 8% of hours worked.
The successful candidate will be subject to Garda vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 7th April 2017
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the PCHP Home Visitor – Early Learning Initiative, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of the traveller community