Position: Payroll Officer
Reporting to: Management Accountant
Purpose of Position: To prepare and process all payrolls at the National College of Ireland and to administer all payroll related matters.
Job Code: NCI 0796
• Management Accountant
• Director of Finance
• Human Resources Department
• Deans of School and Heads of Departments / Managers
• Processing monthly and weekly payrolls including bank uploads
• Revenue submissions & related reporting (in line with PAYE Modernisation)
• Processing of employee expense claims
• Ensuring that payroll and expense policies and controls are properly enforced.
• Administration of Core online timesheets system, and Corepay system.
• Managing reporting on the payroll system, including report development and analysis.
• Providing accurate records on Sickness, Maternity, Social Welfare etc. payments.
• Processing pension contributions & liaising with pension fund administrators.
• Preparation and posting of payroll journals to accounts system.
• Reconciliation of payroll nominal ledger accounts.
• Processing the payments for pensions, union, and other payroll deductions.
• Administering Tax Saver Scheme
• Dealing with staff payroll and expense queries in an efficient and effective manner.
• Social Welfare & Revenue Commissioners enquiries
• Quarterly statutory CSO Returns
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to work on own initiative.
• Good software skills, including SharePoint, Word, Excel, Sun, CorePay, Megapay and CoreHR systems.
• Time management and PC skills
• Good knowledge of payroll taxation and application, use of ROS and CSO system.
• IPASS qualification
• Absolute discretion and confidentiality
• Ability to work within tight deadlines, and under pressure.
• Flexible approach and a good team player.
• Highly organised.
• Ability to identify and raise issues as they arise
Salary: €36,540 - €52,783 (Specialist/ Senior Administrator)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum pro rata
Hours: Full time, 35 per week
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0796 and job title to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 23 November 2018.
National College of Ireland’s mission is to widen participation in higher education and unlock each student's potential. The College offers students the opportunity to acquire the skills and self-confidence to change their lives, contribute to a knowledge based economy and become responsible, active citizens.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Payroll Officer are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act, 2001.