Position: Premises Operative
Job Code: NCI0719
Reporting to: Premises Supervisor
Purpose of Position: To facilitate the work carried out every day on the College premises.
· Facilities Manager.
· Commercial Manager.
· Commercial Office
· Director Students Services.
· Associate Faculty.
· Students Union
· Ensure that the all College rooms are presentable.
· Sort Post and deliver parcels
· Ensure appropriate set up of classrooms, events space and meeting rooms
· Manage College recycling and waste management
· Assist with all office moves and movement of light furniture
· Cleaning duties as requested by the premises supervisor
· Ensure all fire exits are maintained and kept clear at all times
· Specific responsibility for external areas around the campus and for keeping balconies clean and tidy
· Responsibility for the presentation of the Quad/Arts garden and designated smoking areas
· Understand and comply with H&S procedures and requirements
· Light maintenance duties as requested
· Stock up and maintain staff room’s
· Assist in the management and control of premises stock to include creating purchase orders
· Assist in the key controls
· Ensure evening lock up is carried effectively (depending on the shift
- Must be Honest, Punctual and trustworthy
- Must be a hands on worker.
- Have good communication skills.
- Well presented at all times
Salary: €22,613 - €33,668 (Support Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
Working Hours: 35 hours per week as per rota based over 5 days per week, weekend work will be required from time to time. NCI operate a day shift and evening shift
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and cv, quoting title of position and reference number NCI0719 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, Friday, 5th May 2017
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Premises Operative are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.