Manager of Professional Education and Training (Maternity Leave Cover)
Head of Professional Education and Training
Purpose of Position:
To manage the administration and delivery of Professional Education and Training courses and government funded projects.
Head of Professional Education and Training
Deans of Schools
Student Services Department
Administration & Communication
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our programmes according to the client’s needs
- Implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards
- Communicate clearly the progress of the programmes to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Identify clients requirements, determine schedules for programmes, promote services, define related course materials
- Coordinate the receipt of data and oversee the admissions process
- Resolve issues and communicate the status of the process to the client
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirement and integrating contractual requirements with business operations
Client Management & Customer Continuity
- Lead point of contact for assigned clients and manage day-to-day interaction
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client and customer relationships
- Set and manage client expectations
- Provide support to that will continually improve the relationship
- Seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Understand the clients organisation and structure, know their products and services and stay aware of changes
- Establish and promote goodwill with the customer. Review the client history and contact customer as a follow-up activity.
Resource Management & Business Planning
- Identify and grow opportunities where possible
- Arrange the provision of services and conduct tendering processes for new services where appropriate
- Work with internal team, marketing department and other managers to increase sales opportunities
- Attend industry functions and provide feedback and information on market needs and trends.
- Ensure all team members represent the College in the best light
- Support the faculty linked to the delivery of these courses
- Lead the team to prioritise the needs of clients and their strategic importance especially around deadlines
- Present business development training and mentoring to other internal staff
- Contribute information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Determine system improvements and implement change
Finance & project control
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Communicate, monitor and assure proper billing procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing and monitors receivables
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices
- Assure project legal documents are completed and signed
- Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on specific projects. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget and timeline.
- Where a project is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a solution
Government Funded Initiatives
- Main point of contact with funding authorities in relation to queries and issues
- Represent the College at all forums and meetings held by the funders
- Monitor recruitment and ensure that funding allocation is maximized.
- Liaise with the Director of Marketing to ensure a targeted approach to student recruitment. Assist in the promotion of these courses.
- Responsibility for the registration and ongoing monitoring of attendance of these students in line with the directives issued by the government.
- Providing statistical returns and annual monitoring reports on the initiatives.
- Adhere to deadlines set out by the funder with regard to tracking students activities and processes concerning payments
- Manage the administration team and ensure these projects are adequately resourced
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A confident, and pro-active individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Client management experience.
- Pro-active time management, ability to produce results under tight deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills (draft letters, minutes, presentation etc.).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible approach to work and a “can-do” attitude.
- Experience within an administrative position, preferably at a senior level within an educational institution.
- Rigour and attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Disciplined in his/her approach to the job.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work independently and show initiative.
- Educated to Postgraduate Level
Salary: €46,756 – €68,222 per annum (pro rata for the duration of the contract)
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum (pro rata for the duration of the contract)
Contract: Specific purpose contract to cover maternity leave (expected duration is 10 months); full time (35 hours per week)
Applications for this vacancy need to be submitted before Monday the 23rd February 2015. Applicants are requested to email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Manager of Professional Education and Training are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.