Position: Programme Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Senior Administrator
Job Code: NCI 0768
Purpose of Position:
To co-ordinate the Schools’ programmes, provide administrative support to the Schools and respond accurately and efficiently to student enquiries.
• Senior Administrator
• Deans of Schools
• Vice-Deans of Schools
• Programme Co-ordinators
• Associate Faculty
• Provide high-quality co-ordination support for programmes in the Schools.
• Provide a high quality of service to the students of the College.
• Respond professionally to enquiries from students, class reps and faculty on a range of issues.
• Effective interaction with other units in the College such as Student Services, Registrar’s Office, Fees and Examinations.
• Deal appropriately with incoming calls.
• Ensure that all duties within the office are performed in a professional, efficient manner.
• Support the promotion of programmes to target audiences through all available communication channels.
• Ensure that College Policies, outlined in the QA Handbook, for programme management and delivery are adhered to.
• Provide Faculty with information regarding timetables, course notes, student numbers and location of lectures.
• Assist the Programme Directors in the production of examination results and broadsheets.
• Act as secretary to assigned Programme Committees.
• Introduce themselves to and regularly attend the class groups they support.
• Be alert to developing problems and raise to the appropriate level as soon as possible.
• Respond to and address student complaints.
• Check availability of resources e.g. Library, IT.
• Alert Faculty and Students to planned assessment schedules and deadlines.
• Assist in orientation and registration.
• Record and follow up on exam/assessment absence, medical records and attendance.
• Compilation and maintenance of all Programme material, module descriptors and distribution to the student body.
• Assist in the timetabling process of relevant programmes assigned.
• Assist with programme co-ordination for other programmes for other areas as required.
• Assist with assessment processes in the School.
• Accept and record receipt of projects and assignments.
• Provide administrative support for the College’s formal student feedback mechanisms such as Class Rep meetings and student surveys.
• Provide cover for Reception.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Administrator, Vice Deans or Dean.
• Degree or equivalent qualification would be desirable.
• Knowledge of the Irish education system at third level would be an advantage.
• At least two years administration experience that demonstrates a planned, systematic approach to organisation of work.
• High proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, PowerPoint, and excel.
• Good communication skills – written and verbal.
• Good Interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail, deadline orientated and quality conscious.
• Database experience an advantage
• Flexible approach to work
• Excellent writing skills (draft letters, minutes, presentation etc.)
• Ability to work independently and show initiative
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Salary: €30,150 - €42,210 (Administrator Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum pro rata
Hours: Full time
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0768 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, Tuesday 26th June 2018.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.