Position: Programme Co-ordinator
Job Code: NCI0704
Reporting to: Senior Administrator
Purpose of Position:
To co-ordinate the Schools’ programmes, provide administrative support to the Schools and respond accurately and efficiently to student enquiries.
- Senior Administrator
- Deans of Schools
- Vice-Deans of Schools
- Programme Co-ordinators
- Associate Faculty
- Provide high-quality co-ordination support for programmes in the Schools.
- Provide a high quality of service to the students of the College.
- Respond professionally to enquiries from students, class reps and faculty on a range of issues.
- Effective interaction with other units in the College such as Student Services, Registrar’s Office, Fees and Examinations.
- Deal appropriately with incoming calls.
- Ensure that all duties within the office are performed in a professional, efficient manner.
- Support the promotion of programmes to target audiences through all available communication channels.
- Ensure that College Policies, outlined in the QA Handbook, for programme management and delivery are adhered to.
- Provide Faculty with information regarding timetables, course notes, student numbers and location of lectures.
- Assist the Programme Directors in the production of examination results and broadsheets.
- Act as secretary to assigned Programme Committees.
- Introduce themselves to and regularly attend the class groups they support.
- Be alert to developing problems and raise to the appropriate level as soon as possible.
- Respond to and address student complaints.
- Check availability of resources e.g. Library, IT.
- Alert Faculty and Students to planned assessment schedules and deadlines.
- Assist in orientation and registration.
- Record and follow up on exam/assessment absence, medical records and attendance.
- Compilation and maintenance of all Programme material, module descriptors and distribution to the student body.
- Assist in the timetabling process of relevant programmes assigned.
- Assist with programme co-ordination for other programmes for other areas as required.
- Assist with assessment processes in the School.
- Accept and record receipt of projects and assignments.
- Provide administrative support for the College’s formal student feedback mechanisms such as Class Rep meetings and student surveys.
- Provide cover for Reception.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Administrator, Vice Deans or Dean.
- Degree or equivalent qualification would be desirable.
- Knowledge of the Irish education system at third level would be an advantage.
- At least two years administration experience that demonstrates a planned, systematic approach to organisation of work.
- High proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, PowerPoint, and excel.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, deadline orientated and quality conscious.
- Database experience an advantage
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent writing skills (draft letters, minutes, presentation etc.)
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
Contract: Specific Purpose, expected duration – 1 year
Hours: Part Time, 3 days a week
Salary: €30,150 - €42,210 (Administrator Salary Band)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0704 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday, 24th March 2017.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Programme Co-ordinator are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.