Psychology Lab Technician
Psychology Programme Directors
Purpose of Position:
To assist with psychology research projects within the School of Business.
- The Lab Technician must ensure that they have a comprehensive knowledge of available research-related supports in NCI, including a working knowledge of experimental equipment (e.g. psychophysiology and eye-tracking equipment), as well as relevant psychological software (e.g. eprime and SPSS).
- Advise and instruct students on the use of such equipment as is necessary for their research projects, including facilitating experimental design and analysis
- Liaise with staff in the psychology faculty in relation to project supervision
- Assist the lecturer during class as required.
- Provide assistance and tutoring as required
- Facilitate and Invigilate tests or exams as required
- PhD or studying towards a PhD in Psychology or a related field would be desirable.
- Masters level qualified, preferably in Psychology or a related field.
- Technical expertise or experience of using experimental equipment and psychological software.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to be able to explain problems and assist students with their learning.
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to work varied hours.
Hourly rate: €20 per hour, (up to 20 hours per week).
Contract: Fixed-term, part-time.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0662 to: email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 11th December 2015.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Psychology Lab Technician are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the College.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer