Founded in 1951, the National College of Ireland (NCI) is a not-for-profit third level educational institution with charitable status. The Mission of the College is to change lives through education. Located in Dublin’s International Financial Services Centre, the College offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the disciplines of business, computing, psychology and education which are validated by Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI). The College has a long-established reputation as a leading provider of courses in Human Resources and offers a wide range of CIPD accredited programmes. The College actively participates in Government funded initiatives such as Springboard and ICT Skills and is supportive of the Government’s drive to increase participation in apprenticeships.
The current Director of Quality Assurance & Statistical Services is vacating the position in April and the search is underway to find an candidate experienced who is looking for a challenging and rewarding role.
Job Title: Director of Quality Assurance & Statistical Services
Job Code: NCI 0806
Reporting to: Vice President Academic Affairs and Research
Dotted Line to President
Purpose of role:
This is an executive level appointment. The Director of Quality Assurance & Statistical Services has responsibility for maintaining and enhancing the College’s quality assurance and enhancement policies and procedures in the context of the College’s overall mission and strategic plan and developing a culture of quality across all services in liaison with other relevant College staff members. The position also has responsibility for the College’s statistical services unit.
Key Reporting Relationships:
• VP Academic Affairs & Research
• Director of Student Services
• Deans and Vice Deans
• Director Of Learning and Teaching
• Director of Finance
• Management of a College-wide quality assurance and Enhancement improvement framework.
• Supporting the implementation of the college’s academic strategy.
• Maintaining and enhancing the Quality Assurance and Enhancement policies and processes on a College wide basis covering all units, both academic and service.
• Overseeing an annual programme of programme review and validation/revalidation, quality reviews, covering academic and service units
• Advising on and supporting the College's organisational units on Quality Assurance.
• Identifying relevant models of best practice in other institutions or organisations.
• Establishing links with other organisations and institutions in regard to Quality Improvement.
• In co-operation with the Director of Human Resources, developing training and development programmes for all staff in relation to Quality Assurance.
• Embedding the framework throughout the College by assisting areas with the formulation of local plans.
• Developing useful indicators of excellence, and monitoring the achievement of College-wide targets.
• Assisting the College in its preparation for reviews and external audits.
• Identifying any policy gaps, and remedying same and ensuring that there is widespread awareness of policy.
• Identifying a structure that facilitates communication about quality practices.
• Communicating the College policy, goals and achievements on Quality Assurance and Enhancement to the College community.
• Providing an Annual Report to the Risk Committee of the Governing Body on Quality Assurance.
• Ensuring that the College complies with all aspects of current education legislation in relation to Quality Assurance.
• To support the college’s mission and strategy through the provision of relevant management information and programme development planning support.
• To assist the VP and Registrar with the provision of relevant data and other information for statutory reporting.
• Providing management information in relation to learner and staff statistics, and providing one-stop-shop for statistical information.
• Providing planning support to the College by estimating learner loads by Faculty/School/Centre.
• Preparation of reports for Higher Education Authority annually and other institutions & agencies
• Preparing statistical reports for the Executive Team and Executive Group and other college management
• Organising the semester surveys of learners and providing the analysis of the information and follow up on action plans arising.
Reviewing international/national/regional trends to support programme planning and development.
• Chair and Participate in working and tasks groups, committees, validation and review events as required.
• Represent NCI at national and international quality assurance and Enhancement related fora
• Working with QQI and other awarding bodies.
• Working with relevant departments with respect to accreditations.
• Ensure the College quality processes and procedures serve its mission, strategic plan and operational needs.
• Oversee the College’s responses to and ensure the implementation of quality guidelines and any other requirements of QQI or other quality assurance and Enhancement and/or professional bodies.
• Be responsible for delegated budgets related to the post.
• Such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Vice President Academic Affairs and Research.
• Honours degree with a post-graduate qualification at Level 9 preferable
• Excellent communication skills
• Detailed understanding of the structure of third level education sector in Ireland
• Experience in Quality Management
• Excellent knowledge of and experience in using database reporting tools
• Good Project management skills
• Knowledge and experience of the application of research and evaluation methods.
• Knowledge and experience of relevant legislation
Salary: Executive Level 3 (Salary Band: €91,355 - €121,806)
Annual Leave: 27 Days Annual Leave
Contract: Permanent full-time.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV in PDF format only, quoting reference number: NCI 0806 and job title to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Monday 4th March 2019.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Director of Quality Assurance & Statistical Services, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer