Student Experience Coordinator
Director of Student Services
- Internal Service Providers
- Students’ Union Executive
- Students’ Union Finance and Administration Officer
- External Facility Providers
- Clubs & Societies Presidents
- Responsible for managing the relationship with NCI’s Students’ Union Executive
- Co-ordinate NCI’s involvement in the HEAR access initiative
- Responsible for the coordination of all College Orientations.
- Responsible for the coordination of the Peer Mentor volunteer programme
- Assisting in the management of budget associated with operating the student experience service.
Student Transition Duties:
- Development and provision of comprehensive training programmes for key members involved in the running of a club or society.
- Co-ordinate the Common Purpose Leadership Programme
- Provide a referral service and help students integrate and socially engage with student experience activities and events.
- Assist with the development and recruitment of the Certificate in Service Learning, Special Purpose Award programme.
- Coordination of the Academic Wall of Fame and the Wall of Excellence ceremonies.
- Responsible for the coordination of all Student Experience publications
- Management of end-of-semester service specific surveys for Student Experience.
Student Sport and Recreation Duties:
- Source high quality training and sports facilities for NCI and manage the relationship with these facilities.
- Daily coordination of sports and recreation bookings of internal rooms, external facilities and bus.
- Promote and represent the interests of NCI’s sport & recreation programme both internally within NCI and nationally. The Student Experience Coordinator sits on the executive committees of BICS and SSI.
- Network and liaise with relevant third level sports and recreation associations and governing bodies.
- Management of the Student Ambassador Scholarship programme.
- Develop and coordinate healthy lifestyle initiatives and promote positive wellbeing.
- Coordinate the annual Sports Day
- Source additional grant opportunities through National Governing Bodies and the Irish Sports Council to increase healthy lifestyle initiatives.
Students’ Union Duties:
- Stimulate the growth of new and existing clubs & societies and increase participation rates in extracurricular activity.
- Proactively enhance the services and facilities available to clubs and societies.
- Maintain a database of all clubs and societies activity throughout the year.
- Assist with the organisation of major events hosted by clubs & societies.
- Ensure the highest standards of safety are maintained in all student events and activities. This includes carrying out risk assessments of new venues and events/trips organised by students.
- Management of sporting equipment to ensure health and safety regulations are met.
- Organisation of the annual Clubs & Societies Awards.
- Provide guidance to clubs & societies on proper financial structures and management.
- Third level qualification is essential.
- Experience of managing projects from initial planning through to completion.
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Excellent writing skills with a clear end effective expression of ideas in writing.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be highly adaptable with a positive ‘can do’ approach to work.
- Must be extremely student focused.
Salary: €35,979 - €49052 (Admin Assistant Salary Scale)
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum pro rata
Contract: 2 years, full-time, fixed-term
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week. During term time there may be a requirement to work some evenings and one Saturday a month.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0651 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Tuesday 21st July 2015. This position is currently only open to internal applicants.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sexual Offences Act 2001*.
*This includes offences committed before 2001 and convictions held outside the state that are deemed to be sexual offences under the Sexual Offences Act 2001.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Student Experience Co-ordinator are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer