Position: Central Timetabling Assistant
Reporting to: Planning and Central Timetabling Specialist
Purpose of Position:
To assist the Planning and Central Timetabling Specialist and the Central Timetabling Coordinator in managing the Semester Two and Semester Three (2018/2019) timetable and processing change requests and collecting data for the 2019/2020 timetable.
• Deans of School
• Vice-Deans of School
• Senior School Administrators
• Programme Co-ordinators
• Associate Faculty
• Commercial Office & Facilities
• Attendance Monitoring Project Officer
• IT Manager
• Scientia (Software providers)
• Assist in the collection of delivery information for the creation of the timetable, liaising closely with the relevant School administration staff.
• Assist in scheduling teaching activities and allocating teaching space for the college in line with the objectives of the Central Timetable Policy.
• Assist in the publication of timetables and approved changes to relevant teaching staff and students.
• Assist in receiving and logging timetable change requests from academic staff and school administration staff. Review requests to measure impact that change will have on already existing timetable.
• Assist in creatively resolving any clashes or change requests and producing a recommended timetable change and submitting that recommendation to the appropriate School staff and Registrar for final sign off.
• Consult frequently and work in partnership with the staff currently responsible for timetabling in the Schools and staff responsible for planning, to ensure a complete understanding of their timetabling needs.
• Help with resolving teaching space allocation issues associated with space being unavailable due to maintenance, capital development and refurbishment projects.
• Help CTO staff ensure that the data in the timetabling system, Syllabus+ accurate, is consistent and up to date.
• Any other ad hoc duties required to assist the Planning and Central Timetabling Specialist in creating and managing the timetables for the college.
• High accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Experience in using databases and managing data.
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets working successfully in a task driven and results focused environment.
• Ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders about their timetabling needs.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Strong writing skills and communication skills.
• Demonstrable analytical skills and a systematic approach to problem solving.
• Project experience in timetabling or room management systems an advantage.
To apply for this role please email your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number NCI0692 and title of position to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Thursday 31st January 2019.
Contract: 9 months, Full Time, February 2019 – October 2019
Salary: Support Band (€22,840 - €34,005)
Annual Leave: 24days pro-rata
Hours: 35 hours a week; 9am – 5pm
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Central Timetabling Assistant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.