Timetabling Project Co-Ordinator
Purpose of Position:
NCI commissioned a review of timetabling which was carried out by Scientia and resulted in the production of an Academic Business Process Review Report which outlines recommendations and steps for the implementation of the revised timetabling process. Four key areas that need to be addressed are identified in the report. These are: the timetabling process; data quality/system integration; timetabling policy; and the addition of Resources/Software. The appointee to this role is required to implement the key recommendations of the report.
- Vice President Academic Affairs and Research
- Commercial Director
- School Co-ordinators and administrators
- Deans and Vice Deans of Schools
- Director of Learning and teaching
- Commercial Office/facilities
- Attendance Monitoring Project Officer
- Exams Co-ordinators and administration
- IT Manager
- Scientia (software providers)
- Implement the recommendations of the NCI Academic Timetabling Business Process Review.
- Systematic data cleansing to ensure that data is appropriate to the current needs.
- Create a project plan to ensure that the recommendations are dealt with and implemented in a timely manner
- Identify key milestones for the production of the teaching timetable, room booking and other related business activities
- Development and optimisation of the timetable/booking process through creative application of timetabling and associated room booking software
- To support the development and implementation of a College wide communications plan to ensure that information is disseminated, understood and adhered to.
- Organise the Timetabling and Room Booking Service to achieve a College wide centrally co-ordinated teaching timetable based on academic programme requirements.
- Work with the Schools and Registrar’s office to support the development of a College wide Timetabling Policy in line with best practice.
- Development of an understanding of the diverse requirements and programme structures within the institution and conversion of this understanding into effective service delivery
- Document and maintain key activity procedures to create a standard operating procedure manual.
- Identify key requirements for integration and work with other departments and Scientia to ensure that the system is ready for integration with other college systems.
- Ensure that the objectives of the College’s Timetabling function are achieved and an effective service is delivered to all stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot software issues reported by the Schools and other software users and liaise with IT support/Scientia for timely solutions as well as on developments, software fixes or upgrades to the benefit of all system users.
- Consult frequently and work in partnership with the staff currently responsible for timetabling in the Schools to ensure a complete understanding of individual subject requirements.
- Help with resolving teaching space allocation issues associated with space being unavailable due to maintenance, capital development and refurbishment projects.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets working successfully in a task driven and results focused environment
- Project experience in timetabling or room management systems.
- Ability to interact effectively and engage with all
- Proven track record of pro-actively engaging all stakeholders to ensure targets are achieved.
- Excellent IT skills and a strong understanding of the IT /Business systems would be an advantage.
- Strong writing skills
- Experience of integrating timetabling or related software with other systems, preferably within an HE environment (e.g. student record systems)
- Demonstrable analytical skills and a systematic approach to problem solving
- Accuracy and excellent organisational skills
Salary: Secretary Grade 3 / Administrator Salary Band
Duration: 9 months, full-time.
Applications are being confined to internal candidates and need to be submitted before 5pm on Wednesday 4th November 2015. Applicants are requested to email their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Timetabling Project Co-Ordinator are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer