Work Placement Assistant
Work Placement Specialist
Purpose of Position:
The Work placement assistant will provide administrative support to the work placement staff with the Careers Office at the National College of Ireland.
- Work Placement advisor
- Careers & Opportunities Officer
- Director of Student Services
- Student Services team
- School Administrators
Employer Liaison & Events:
- Creating, maintaining and continually developing a database of potential employers for each class requiring work placement.
- Canvassing potential employers across a range of industry sectors to attract work placement opportunities.
- Liaising with and responding to all employer queries, following up on jobs received, maintaining contact with employers.
- Uploading all jobs onto the relevant job sites and promoting them via email, class visits and text message where appropriate
- Support the Careers Offices programme of events by assisting in the organisation, promotion and delivery of Careers Fairs, presentations and other events by developing, organising and delivering promotional activities around NCI.
Student Queries & Information:
- Managing queries face to face at the information desk, answering telephone calls, and responding to emails in relation to work placement enquiries.
- Working with work placement staff to review student CVs, providing tailored advice on improvements.
- Contacting students to ensure they reach CV and application deadlines
- Working with work placement staff in providing advice to students in relation to improving their linkedin profiles
- Maintaining an up to date database of students for work placements with emails and telephone numbers.
- Maintaining the text lists for students
- Logging all student contact on CRM system
- Maintaining student portal information and ensuring all information is up to date
- Following up with students in relation to their job search activity.
- Managing all administration around the setting up of interviews, contracts etc.
- Developing brochures for each of the courses requiring work placement to market the students to employers.
- Monitoring students on placement.
Social media & Marketing:
- Promoting the work placement activities and events on facebook, linkedin and twitter accounts
- Using social media to interact with students and alumni
- Developing the Careers website and student portal.
- Researching student linkedin profiles and ensuring they are in line with recommended standards
- Graduate with at least one years’ recruitment/ HR experience
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write text for brochures, CVs etc
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and CRM databases
- Ability to work within a fast paced, target driven environment and to work effectively with multiple projects and deadlines
- Quick learner who enjoys taking initiative and developing innovative solutions to problems.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain and internal relationships.
Additional Responsibilities as part of the Student Services Team under the direction of the Director of Student Services.
- Producing POs and liaising with finance
- Reception Cover
- Late cover of the Student Services department.
- Assist with queries at the Information desk.
- Producing monthly activity report
- Such other activities as may be required to support the Student Services Department.
Salary: €24,217 - €30,596 (Secretary Grade 2 Salary Scale)
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum pro rata
Contract: 1 year, full-time, fixed-term
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0645 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 24th July 2015. This position is open to internal applicants only.
National College of Ireland’s mission is to widen participation in higher education and unlock each student's potential. The College offers students the opportunity to acquire the skills and self-confidence to change their lives, contribute to a knowledge based economy and become responsible, active citizens.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Work Placement Assistant are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer