Work Placement Specialist (suit agency recruiter or guidance professional)
Work Placement Supervisor
NCI Job Code:
Purpose of Position:
Due to our success with the Springboard Programme over the past number of years, we have been successful in securing a new round of Springboard funding. We now have a new opportunity to join the Work Placement team which sits within Career Development & Employability Team in NCI.
As part of the Springboard funding, students are required to complete a 2 semester careers module and also secure a 3-6 month work placement.
This Work Placements Specialist role will have two distinct elements.
1) Design and deliver weekly careers classes, provide expert advice (individually, in group sessions and via webinars) in relation to career development, employability and job applications.
2) Pro-actively identify work placement opportunities for students (who are re-entering the workforce or upskilling), manage the placement process and achieving weekly KPI’s
- Designing, delivering and assessing a series of career management and development classes to students across a number of programmes.
- Providing expert advice, information and support to students in relation to career development and employability.
- Proactively ensuring students engage with the work placement process and meet all relevant learning outcomes.
- Take responsibility for the sourcing and developing a portfolio of suitable roles for students and act as an interface with employers and students.
- Proactively ensuring students engagement in careers module and work placement deliverables
- Managing the placement process for students, from business development to successful placement including advertising roles to students, applications, arranging interview and managing feedback and offers
- Providing a programme of employer events for students to enhance the employability of students e.g. careers fairs, networking opportunities, employer presentations.
- Achieving weekly and monthly KPI’s to include CVs updated, business development, applications to employers and placements. Creating weekly activity reports detailing all key metrics.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets within agency recruitment or experienced guidance professional with a track record of working successfully in a task driven and results focused environment
- An understanding of the dynamics of recruitment and a passion for career development
- Experienced in researching, preparing and delivering effective and engaging presentations.
- The ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, operate flexibly and shift focus with changing priorities and demands.
- Proven track record of pro-actively engaging all stakeholders to ensure monthly placement targets are achieved.
- Genuine interest in and ability to engage in targeted business development.
- Experienced in networking, building, developing and maintaining client / candidate/ student relationships.
- Experience of and an understanding of the IT /Business recruitment market would be an advantage.
- Excellent IT skills and a strong understanding of social media and experience of using it in recruitment.
- Strong writing skills
- A willingness to work flexibly to cover events and activities outside of usual working hours is essential.
Salary: €35,979 - €49,052 (Admin Assistant Salary Scale)
Salary is dependent on experience
Annual Leave: 21 days per annum pro rata
Contract: 2 years, full-time, fixed-term
Hours: Springboard and ICT Skills Conversion courses are part time evening courses – as a result the Careers classes will be timetabled in the evenings (5pm-6pm).
This will involve working 10am-6pm, 2 – 3 days a week during term times.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: NCI0643 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 26th June 2015.
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Work Placement Advisor are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer