Position: Work Placement Specialist (suit agency recruiter or guidance professional)
Supervisor: Work Placement Supervisor
Reporting to: Careers Officer
NCI Job Code: NCI 0730
Purpose of Position:
Due to our success with the Springboard Programme over the past number of years, we have been successful in securing a new round of Springboard & ICT Skills funding and have a one-year contract for a targeted work placement specialist to work within the Career Development & Employability Team in NCI.
This data driven, targeted role involves:
1) Designing and delivering weekly careers classes, provide expert advice (individually, in group sessions and via webinars and other online means) in relation to career development, employability and job applications.
2) Pro-actively identifying work placement opportunities for students (who are re-entering the workforce or upskilling), managing the placement process and achieving weekly and monthly KPI’s.
Module Delivery & Student Engagement
- Promoting the service and service offering to students (in person at orientation, in class and online).
- Responding proactively and flexibly to changing student and market requirements to ensure the service is relevant and appropriate to the needs of the student body.
- Designing, delivering and assessing a comprehensive series of engaging career management classes both in person to students and utilising blended learning approaches across a number of programmes. These classes may include but are not limited to areas including career planning and progression, self-efficacy, networking, the hidden jobs market, employability, job search strategies, CVs, applications and interviews.
- Providing expert advice, information and support to students in relation to career development, career transition and employability on both a one to one and group basis.
- Proactively ensuring students engage with the careers module and work placement deliverables – responding flexibly to changing student requirements.
- Ensuring all students have an appropriate CV and LinkedIn profile to allow them compete effectively in the job market.
- Keeping abreast of research and literature relating to career development, employability, and work-related learning.
Employer & Faculty Liaison:
- Maintaining and proactively developing an accurate database of employers and student placements
- Sourcing and developing a portfolio of suitable roles (work placement, permanent and contract as appropriate) for students and acting as an interface with employers and students.
- Representing NCI to prospective employers and seeking appropriate new placement and graduate opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining long-term collaborative relationships with employers and academics.
- Monitoring the suitability of placement opportunities and ensuring that employers are aware of their responsibilities to the student and vice versa.
- Managing the placement process for students, from business development to successful placement including advertising roles to students, applications, arranging interview and managing feedback and offers
- Providing a programme of employer events for students to enhance their employability e.g. careers fairs, networking opportunities, employer presentations and skills sessions.
- Promoting and evaluating careers-related events, activities and job advertisements.
- Logging all information and activity on an in house CRM system
- Compiling and sharing student experiences such as key learnings, and student & employer recommendations, or endorsements, regarding their work experience
- Achieving weekly and monthly KPI’s to include CVs updated, business development, applications to employers and placements. Creating activity reports detailing all key metrics.
- Managing and analysing data and in relation to placement and FDR activity and creating reports for both internal and external view
- Assisting with programme promotion, including designing written materials, attending events and open days etc.
- Key Attributes:
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets within agency recruitment or experienced guidance professional with a track record of working successfully in a task driven and results focused environment
- An understanding of the dynamics of recruitment and a passion for career development
- Experienced in researching, preparing and delivering effective and engaging presentations.
- Solution focused with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, operate flexibly and shift focus with changing priorities and demands.
- Genuine interest in and ability to engage in targeted business development.
- Experienced in networking, building, developing and maintaining client / candidate/ student relationships.
- Experience of and an understanding of the IT /Business recruitment market would be an advantage.
- Excellent IT skills and a strong understanding of social media and experience of using it in recruitment.
- Strong writing skills
- A willingness to work flexibly to cover events and activities outside of usual working hours is essential.
Salary: Specialist Salary Band (€36,180 - €52,260)
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
Contract: 1 year, full-time, fixed-term.
Hours: Springboard and ICT Skills Conversion courses are part time evening courses – as a result this will involve core working hours of 11am-7pm twice a week and will also involve working one Saturday morning a month to facilitate student classes and consultations.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and cv, quoting title of position and reference number NCI0730 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, Monday, 31st July 2017
The successful applicant will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Work Placement Advisor are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer