Assistant Director of the Early Learning Initiative
Purpose of Position:
To coordinate the Early Learning Initiative’s 10 year Anniversary and Primary, Second and Third Level Programmes
- Assistant Director of the Early Learning Initiative.
- Stretch to Learn Coordinator
- Early Learning Initiative team.
- National College of Ireland
- Stakeholders in the local community, including parents, children and practitioners
- Support the coordination Primary, Second and Third Level events
- Support the implementation of ELI’s Primary, Second and Third Level Programmes including:
- o Educational Guidance and Mentoring Circles,
- o Restorative Practice
- o Discover University,
- o Second and Third Level Student Support Programme and Scholarship Funds
- Liaise with local schools, afterschools, youth and community organisations working with young people aged 6-25years to ensure that ELI’s Primary, Second and Third Level Programmes meet their educational and career guidance needs.
- Working with Careers and Student Services to plan and implement the ELI’s Third Level Student Support, Scholarship and Internship Programme
- Support the implementation of ELI’s Corporate Volunteer programme in relation to ELI’s Primary, Second and Third Level Programmes
- Manage the ELI’s Primary, Second and Third Level Programmes budget and accounts within the Early Learning Initiative framework.
- Prepare and maintain records, reports and/or evaluation data on the programme and participating children and families.
- Participate in research activities and other relevant projects.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of the ELI.
Skills and Experience required:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Relevant experience of working with children, young people, families and statutory agencies.
- Ability to work with marginalised families and have an understanding of the issues of marginalisation.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, community and corporate stakeholders and other outside individuals/organisations
- Flexible approach to work as evening and weekend work may be required
• Experience in organising events
- Ability to operate as a team player in a cross disciplinary, integrated team, sharing roles and responsibilities.
- An energetic, confident and pro-active individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, administrative and organisational skills.
Terms of Employment:
Salary: Administrator Salary Band
Annual Leave: 24 days per annum
Contract Type: This is a permanent, full-time contract
Visa: Candidates must hold a valid working visa
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV in PDF format only, quoting reference number: NCI0824 and job title to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 14th June 2019.
The successful candidate will be subject to Garda vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Coordinator – Early Learning Initiative, are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Equal Opportunities Policy:
National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of the traveller community.