Purpose of the Job
This is an attractive opportunity for a data scientist to contribute to
the research project in collaboration with
Glantus Ltd. at the School of Computing in National College of
IFSC campus in the scenic Dublin Docklands. The project is funded by Enterprise Ireland under the Innovation Partnership Programme
scheme, which helps companies to access the latest skills and expertise
from research institutes throughout Ireland.
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to lead a technical team to
develop a set of innovative algorithms applicable to specific industry
challenges. Your ultimate goal will be to provide an approach to address
specific industry challenges through the creation of a method that can
be applied to real-world scenarios.
Responsibilities include managing the data science team, planning
activities and outlining the design for analytics models. You should
have a strong problem-solving capability and knowledge of statistics.
The main of goal of the project is to develop recommender algorithms to
enhance sales of retail market and also build a credit model. If you’re
passionate about delivering real value through data and analytics and
believe you can build such a system, we’d like to meet you.
After the project, you are likely to be transferred to join the Glantus
team in a similar or higher role based on your performance.
- Principal and Co-Principal Investigators
- Chief Technology Officer, Glantus Ltd.
- Dean of School of Computing
- Vice Dean of School of Computing
- School of Computing staff
- Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies
- Manage a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers and big data specialists
- Lead data mining and collection procedures
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Interpret and analyse data problems
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects
- Build analytic systems and predictive models
- Test performance of data-driven products
- Visualise data and create reports
- Experiment with new models and techniques
- Align data projects with organisational goals
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Proven experience of at least 3 years as a Data Scientist or similar role in EU
- Solid understanding of machine learning
- Knowledge of data management and visualisation techniques
- A knack for statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Good knowledge of R, Python and MATLAB
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A business mind-set
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field
Terms of Employment
Salary: Manager Scale
Annual Leave: 27 days
Contract: 12 months (to start on 1st July 2019 or immediately thereafter)
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV in PDF format
both, quoting reference number NCI 0823 and job title to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 12th June 2019.
Interviews are expected to be conducted on 17th and 21st June 2019.
Successful candidate is expected to start on the 1st July 2019 or
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to
the Senior Data Scientist Role are based on the current stated role and
objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may
alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.